Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Your Opinion on iOS 4!

Default Need Your Opinion on iOS 4!
    Okay. I have an iPhone 3g on 3.1.2.

I want to know what you guys think.

Would you rather have

-iOS4 WITHOUT wallpaper and multitask( I heard it makes it run as fast as 3.1.2)

Because I want all those cool new things on iOS 4 ( like the smooth interface) but I don't know if its work it. What do you guys think?

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

iOS4 on a 3G is pointless. I still have my iPhone 3G which I updated from 3.1.2 to the new iOS4 (and I wish I didn't do so) after I got my iPhone 4 and let me tell you, its pointless. You can't add a wallpaper to your springboard or multitask. The only thing from iOS4 that you get on the 3G is folders and the option to tether (which you have to pay ATT to actually use and was always supposed to be an option on the iPhone but ATT blocked it). Not to mention that everyone I know who still has a 3G that updated to iOS4 has told me that is stalls their iPhone or causes it to freeze and as far as apps go, they told me that a vast majority of their apps crash constantly or wont open (and these are App store apps). The last time me and some of buddies who updated their 3G's (not 3Gs) to the iOS4 showed me their issues because they knew that I know more about iPhones than they do and asked me what they should do, which I told them to downgrade their firmware manually via iTunes if they can. And if they couldn't do it via their version of iTunes, then they needed to uninstall their iTunes (and made sure they moved their music folder and didn't delete their Music) and go to google and search for a lower version of iTunes that will allow them to downgrade. I know that Apple is not signing older firmware versions, but it's worth a shot and you could get lucky and possibly downgrade to a lower firmware version. It's best that you just keep your 3.1.2 and jailbreak your iPhone.

I havent messed around with my 3G much since the update, but I can assure you that I noticed an extreme change in the speed of my iPhone. Unless you have a iPhone 4, the iOS4 firmware update is worthless (not too sure how it reacts on the 3Gs although I have read that 3Gs users were experiencing similar issues).

Just my thoughts.
    Last edited by Wilbourn; 2010-07-23 at 02:47 AM.
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If I had a 3g I would choose 3.1.2 over iOS 4. You can do anything with jb 3.1.2 that you can on iOS 4 and much better for a 3g.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ianbroste For This Useful Post:

Wilbourn (2010-07-23)

My iPhone is a Part of Me Wilbourn's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ianbroste View Post
    If I had a 3g I would choose 3.1.2 over iOS 4. You can do anything with jb 3.1.2 that you can on iOS 4 and much better for a 3g.
    He's 100% correct. If you have a 3G w/ 3.1.2 stick with it and Jailbreak your iPhone because you can do everything (and more) the iOS4 offers and since your on a 3G iOS4 is a waste of your time.
    You see that "Thanks!" button? It likes it when you click it!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

If I werent selling my 3G in a couple months to get iP4 then I would downgrade back to 3.1.3/2. Right now I just dont care about the slight lag and some Cydia tweaks/apps not working on iOS 4. But if I did...haha 3.1.3 is much better for a 3G.