Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP!!! Used SnowBreeze to update to ios4, lost all data!!!

Default HELP!!! Used SnowBreeze to update to ios4, lost all data!!!
    So I had a iPhone 3GS running 3.1.2 already jailbroken. I used SnowBreeze 1.7 and followed this youtube video to update to ios4 [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-RKAcmnFMQ]YouTube - SnowBreeze Jailbreak/Unlock iOS4 iphone3g / 3gS (Old Bootrom) & iPod Touch 2g (non-MC Model)[/ame]. Now I lost all my data, contacts, apps. Not only this my phone now isn't even configured for my AT&T account, I don't have any service!

Does anyone have any suggestion on how first get service back on my phone. Two, is there anyway to recover my contacts and data off the phone now? Any help would be appreciated!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Plug your phone into itunes and it should sync and get all your stuff back.

Are you saying you don't use AT&T? You need to unlock your phone follow this guide.

How to Unlock iPhone 3GS/3G on 4.0 Firmware
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by helloman1234 View Post
    So I had a iPhone 3GS running 3.1.2 already jailbroken. I used SnowBreeze 1.7 and followed this youtube video to update to ios4 YouTube - SnowBreeze Jailbreak/Unlock iOS4 iphone3g / 3gS (Old Bootrom) & iPod Touch 2g (non-MC Model). Now I lost all my data, contacts, apps. Not only this my phone now isn't even configured for my AT&T account, I don't have any service!

Does anyone have any suggestion on how first get service back on my phone. Two, is there anyway to recover my contacts and data off the phone now? Any help would be appreciated!
    do you have your SHSH files?

I'm not sure what SHSH files are, but I don't think that matters. A couple weeks ago I installed Windows 7 on my PC, and forgot to backup any iTunes stuff, and I did not perform a sync or backup of my iPhone before restoring the custom Snowbreeze cooked ipsw. So I'm pretty sure I don't have anything on my PC to help me recover my data.

I was able to get my 3GS's service back by recreating the ipsw with Snowbreeze without the activation button checked (I use AT&T). I have yet to get back all my data.

I did some research and found a couple ways to recover the data on the phone.

How to Recover iPod and iPhone Data | eHow.com

and

How to Recover your iPhone’s Data after a Restore | All Tech Related

Has anyone had any luck with either of these methods?

Does anyone know of any other methods for recovering my data without any backup?

So I have got my image off the phone and ran it through PhotoRec. I ended up getting a bunch of files, but I don't see any of my pictures. I tried searching for jpg files but found nothing. I also ended up getting like 5 sqlite files, I use SQLite Database Browser to look at them but non of them looks like my contacts.

I get a bunch of txt, xml, png, aif, and a few other file types. Is my data somewhere hidden in here? I do not see any picture or jpg files.

Can someone tell me what settings to use in PhotoRec. Am I doing something wrong?

Also when I used dd to copy the iPhone disk I didn't provide any bs option. I saw on a few post they suggested to use bs=4096. Should I try to recopy my iPhone disk using bs=4096.
    Last edited by helloman1234; 2010-07-22 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost