Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SpiritJB for iOS 4.0 and 4.0.1

I'm hoping it happens soon. I Want this bad. I hope everybody plans on donating to spirit jb team

Can anyone help with my query?

I am on Iphone 4 with iOS 4.0, I haven't bothered to update to 4.0.1 yet.

I look like I've missed the gap to get my SHSH blobs in for iOS 4.0

Seeing Comex's comment saying hope you've got your SHSH blobs saved am I still going to be able to jailbreak without them for iOS4?

Would be gutted if I can't jailbreak, been missing it so much since I went to iphone 4

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i cant wait till this is released..... my girlfriend wants her ipod jailbroke after we accidently upgraded it to 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by davidmaiden18183 View Post
    Can anyone help with my query?

I am on Iphone 4 with iOS 4.0, I haven't bothered to update to 4.0.1 yet.

I look like I've missed the gap to get my SHSH blobs in for iOS 4.0

Seeing Comex's comment saying hope you've got your SHSH blobs saved am I still going to be able to jailbreak without them for iOS4?

Would be gutted if I can't jailbreak, been missing it so much since I went to iphone 4
    You will still be able to jailbreak without saving your shsh. The reason for saving a shsh is so you can downgrade back to a firmware that is jailbreakable, if you accidently upgrade. I would recommend that everyone saves their shsh just to be on the safe side. You can do so very easily with this awesome program: TinyUmbrella available here --> The Firmware Umbrella

Let me get this straight spirit have actually said there gunna release a jb? Or is it just you playing guessing games? If not I will donate

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse84 View Post
    Let me get this straight spirit have actually said there gunna release a jb? Or is it just you playing guessing games? If not I will donate
    originally posted by;oblivious,quote.

# To be clear: if I don't run into problems, it will work on 4.0 or 4.0.1. No need to update to 4.0.1. SHSH blobs for either are fine.
    about 4 hours ago via web

# SHSH blobs for 4.0.1 or 4.0 are fine; AFAIK there are no substantive differences except the bars

# I'm not waiting for 4.1 so I hope everyone has SHSH blobs saved.

Enough said then when are we talking?

give it 3 months , all good

3 months????? That's a long time that

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Don't feedet teh trollsssss

Shrek will pwn there asses!!!!

Thanks

Man I wish there was some way to help these guys out. Sitting on my bum waiting is killing me!

Quote Originally Posted by Akamir View Post
    Man I wish there was some way to help these guys out. Sitting on my bum waiting is killing me!
    I agree.

I'm sure we have a few engineers and whatnot besides myself that would love to be helpful! Donating money is one thing, but time and resources is another.

I can't wait for this! Thank you to all that are making this possible!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akward silence View Post
    I agree.

I'm sure we have a few engineers and whatnot besides myself that would love to be helpful! Donating money is one thing, but time and resources is another.
    Seriously, isnt it so strange that only one small group of people have the knowledge/resources to attempt stuff like jailbreaks and unlocks vs a whole corporations army of software engineers? Its like something out of some cool 80s movie about the future. I mean, why hasnt some other group SOMEWHERE in the world started doing/trying this stuff since its become such a huge country-wide topic?
    Anyone? Are there people on this forum that at least understand the basic process needed or..?

Dont get me wrong, I absolutely love the situation this demand has created but its just something that seems so bizarre to me. Like the odds against it are just too much to be real... but it is!

Thanks

A lot of people have knowledge of how to implement a jailbreak, but the technical know how and patience are an entirely other thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Will01 View Post
    A lot of people have knowledge of how to implement a jailbreak, but the technical know how and patience are an entirelyother thing.
    I think that's the key skill most people lack. Or they just see that there are others doing it already and know that it's going to be a mamoth task so just leave it to those already dedicating time to it.

Major respect to those devs that have the mentality to keep on with things that take up so much time like this. I couldn't do it! I loose comitment if my pee is taking too long

Well we have been waiting for weeks, and no news as of this morning.

Thanks

Have you any idea how much work goes into these things neo? They aren't just sitting with their thumb up their *** laughing at us all waiting here, if you cant wait, do it yourself.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rawland View Post
    The only blobs I have are 3.1.3. I've got the new bootrom 3gs that came with 3.1.3
    Same here. I'm jb on spirit on 3.1.3 and avoided going to 4.x because of loss of jb, so how can we backup blobs for 4.x?

Maybe 3.1.3 blogs are good enough for downgrade?

Nah cydia is pretty smart, even though you don't have 4.0 installed, Cydia pretends you do and gets the response from apple that you need for those blobs.

Open Cydia and see! It says at the top of the home page in case you don't know

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast