Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Does anyone know if TinyUmbrella will support the 3G

Thanks

Default Does anyone know if TinyUmbrella will support the 3G
    Does anyone know when TinyUmbrella will be updated to support saving ECID (SHSH blobs) for the iPhone 3G. Yes, I said the iPhone 3G. Apple slipped a little surprise in iOS firmware 4.0 and 4.0.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Dev-Team Blog
    Those of you with jailbroken iPhone3G and ipt2G devices may now have noticed Cydia starting to save your SHSH blobs too, just like it does for iPhone3GS, ipt3G and later devices. That’s because starting with 4.0, Apple started putting a “soft” SHSH blob check in the firmware. The SHSH blob check is very real in the sense that if iTunes can’t get your blobs (because the Apple signing window has closed), the iTunes restore will error out. But it’s “soft” in the sense that those devices can always use redsn0w or PwnageTool to get past the error (the bootroms themselves for those devices don’t require blobs to be in the firmware files, unlike the newer bootroms).

Furthermore, since the 3.x IPSWs for these devices don’t enforce it, you can always restore to 3.x IPSWs outside of any signing windows.

So, Cydia is doing this to allow you to continue to use iTunes to restore to 4.x on iPhone3G and ipt2g outside of Apple’s signing window without needing to use redsn0w or PwnageTool to get around Apple’s annoying new restriction.
    A special thanks to Saurik and Dev-Team for catching this and Saurik for making the necessary changes to Cydia to cache the iPhone 3G 4.x SHSH blobs.
    "When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather did...not kicking and screaming like the passengers in his car." -- Unknown

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

This is awesome, don't you just love apple?

I wouldn't worry, i'd say tiny will support it, but best to wait and see what semaphore says.

they dont at this time, i tried to backup my shsh on 4.0 and no go

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

semaphore tweeted that he is working to update tfu to support 3g.