Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 restoring with iTune 9.2

Default iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 restoring with iTune 9.2
    Hi,

I have the iPhone 3GS with 3.1.2 with Baseband 5.11.07 which I Jailbroke using GeoHott's Blackra1n.

I want to setup my phone as a new phone with the same firmware 3.1.2 and the same baseband 5.11.07 but I have the newest iTunes and it gives me an option to update to iOS4 when I connect my iPhone to it.

What options do I have? All I wanna do is restore my iPhone to 3.1.2 and Jailbreak and Hacktivate it and setup as a new phone.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

thanks

PS: I don't have an AT&T Sim Card.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Was your jailbreak tethered before? Also, did you save your shsh files in cydia?

It was untethered..i dont need to connect my phone to the computer to re-boot it.

I tried finding a guide on how to save SHSH's but all I could find was how to save for the 3.1.3 and not 3.1.2. They say 3.1.2 SHSH's cannot be saved anymore..

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

3.1.3 and 4.0 can't be saved anymore either, only 4.0.1.

And for god sake dont press Erase Settings on the iphone your sod up the boot proccess and will have to restore to newest firmware.

Double check Cydia app to make sure if there are any saved shsh, but if you know you aint done them at all then your stuck.

Though if your on 3.1.2 and on the OLDER boot room you could just make a custom firmware using sn0wbreeze and update to 4.0.0 theres loads of tuts around on the site.