Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Restore

Default Restore
    Evening all

Im after a bit of advice as I want to wipe my iphone to it's orginal settings without the jailbreak on as it needs to go back to O2 to be fixed. How would I go about doing this so I can back up my sms messages, Itunes, Photo's etc and then restore them onto my new Iphone once I get it back whether it be the same one or diffrent?

Will the jailbreak be still there on the new phone?
    Is there anything i need to be wary of?

Cheers

Paul wike

Hey Paul,

All you need to do is backup your phone via itunes. Once its backed up, hit the restore button in itunes and it will return the phone to its factory conditions.

Once you get the new phone, sync it with itunes. When you first plug it in, it will ask if you want to treat it as a new phone or restore from a backup. Select restore from backup, and you will have all of your mms/contact info.

When you restore from backup, it will not restore the jailbreak also. You need to rejailbreak the device.

Hope it helps.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to exp1icitc0nt3nt For This Useful Post:

wikey (2010-07-19)

cheers for the advice mate

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Make sure you backup your photos with iphoto or whichever photo app you use otherwise you will lose all the pictures on your camera roll. Also be sure you have your shsh blobs saved in cydia (if your phone is a 3gs) so you will be able to jailbreak it again. If you get a new 3gs you won't currently be able to jailbreak it.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?