Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3G Restore Error 3194

Default iPhone 3G Restore Error 3194
    Hello, I am currently trying to restore my iPhone 3G to iOS 4.0 i already am on iOS 4.0, i get a Could not restore error 3194. Is this because of Apple's Firmware Signature? Is there any solution ,Thank You-KK
    Last edited by KibzKay; 2010-07-19 at 06:08 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

On a 3G you dont need SHSH so no the signature is not the issue. Try a different cable/different usb port/different PC.

Basically, leave the iphone on normaly not in dfu mode or restore mod.

-_- Im in recovery mode and i cant downgrade to 3.1.2, 3.1.2 because i require an unlock, any ideas?

Thanks

when you restore to a lower firmware the baseband doesn't change with it, either way ultrasn0w will unlock all basebands from 04.26.x and up to current so that shouldn't be an issue

Oh I see, so then should i try to restore to 3.1.3?

Thanks

it's totally up to you, any firmware you chose at this point can be jailbroken/unlocked on a 3G

Quote Originally Posted by KibzKay View Post
    -_- Im in recovery mode and i cant downgrade to 3.1.2, 3.1.2 because i require an unlock, any ideas?
    Re-Read what i said... Sigh.

Sorry i forgot to say 'stuck' im stuck in recovery mode and iTunes won't like find my iPhone, my cable is pretty ****** up so then like Will01 said try another one? -_- I hate how simple things can get complicated so fast.

You should still be able to access DFU mode as i was in the same situation as you a few weeks back mate

So i go for DFU mode then what?

So i go for DFU mode then what?
    Before we do anything else, can you just check to make sure you have a 3G? It sounds more like you have a 3GS. Put the MC/MB numbers on back of your phone here.

Since you get an error, there shouldn't be anything wrong w/your cable. Error 3194 is usually associated with Apple's signature for firmware. AFAIK, iPhone 3G models aren't affected by this issue.
    Last edited by douflag; 2010-07-20 at 05:20 AM.

Ok um i really don't know what a MC/MB number is so on the back of the phone like where it says designed in Cali. assembled the serial number is that what your looking for? and yes i figured out the cable was ok but im just trying to restore it to iOS4.0 then the 3194 comes in, i figured then i should try 3.1.2 but i get 1015 and now im stuck in the screen you get before the phone is activated "slide for emergency" i just want to be able to "use" my phone again thanks for your help!

Thanks

Slide for emergency is just the activation screen, pop in official sim, plug into itunes, leave for about a minute, voila!

What if i don't have an original sim?

look for one or ask see if someone has a chip to the provider its locked to, IE locked to Vodafone any voda chip will work same for o2, AT&T, T-Mobile etc

What if i don't have an original sim?
    Then try to download sn0wbreeze and make a custom activated firmware for 3.1.2. Shift+restore, and you should be able to install the firmware without the need for activation. The instructions for the process is built into the program. Go to iH8snow.com for more details.

Default tough luck
    as of july 15th 2010.. apple started signing shsh blobs for the 3g .. not only the 3gs.. the window for signing has closed already.. so all you can do now is upgrade to 4.0.1 and jailbreak with redsnow. when it asks for the ipsw. point it to the 4.0 firmware and u should be good to go..

Thanks

Ok um i really don't know what a MC/MB number is so on the back of the phone like where it says designed in Cali. assembled the serial number is that what your looking for? and yes i figured out the cable was ok but im just trying to restore it to iOS4.0 then the 3194 comes in, i figured then i should try 3.1.2 but i get 1015 and now im stuck in the screen you get before the phone is activated "slide for emergency" i just want to be able to "use" my phone again thanks for your help!
    the 1015 error is from the higher baseband of 4.0 on 3.1.2, you can load a custom firmare that is activated created with pwnagetool (google is your friend for finding one) and that should allow you to use your sim since you don't have an official carrier sim

Quote Originally Posted by modeminho View Post
    as of july 15th 2010.. apple started signing shsh blobs for the 3g .. not only the 3gs.. the window for signing has closed already.. so all you can do now is upgrade to 4.0.1 and jailbreak with redsnow. when it asks for the ipsw. point it to the 4.0 firmware and u should be good to go..
    that only affects iOS 4.0 and 4.0.1, it doesn't stop you from going to a lower firmware like 3.x.x, and doesn't affect custom firmware at all

Thanks

If you dont have an original sim, when your chosing your JB options select hacktivation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast