Results 1 to 13 of 13

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Not everyone needs an unlock...

  1. #1
    Lightbulb Not everyone needs an unlock...
    Hello, first off I want to thank all the people involved in figuring out ways to jailbreak these phones. Since upgrading to an iphone4 on opening day I can honestly say I didn't realize how much I would miss my jailbreak (3G)...until I didn't have it anymore! From what I can tell, of the millions of iPhone users there are only a handful of people out there who have the intelligence, know-how and dedication to find ways to jailbreak and unlock. Shamefully, I have used their tools in the past and have never donated to their cause but that will change this time. These guys invest hours, days, weeks to figure this stuff out and anyone using their tools can surely afford a donation. After all, if you are waiting on a iphone4 jailbreak then you just paid at least $200 to get one. ANYWAYS, my question is, it seems as though they are holding off on releasing the jailbreak until an unlock is devised? However, not all of us need an unlock. I know it's hard to imagine but I am quite satisfied with AT&T as it works best in my area and won't need to think about unlocking for two more years (new contract). So why can't the jailbreak be released now and the unlock when it's ready? Thanks for any kind replies.

  2. #2
    Retired Moderator bhz1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Southeastern Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,528
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 361 Times in 271 Posts

    I dont believe the reason they are waiting fro release is for an unlock. Jailbreaks have been released in the past before an unlock. The reason is there is concern that if they release the jailbreak with 4.1 firmware on the horizon, Apple will quickly patch the exploit before releasing the next firmware, leaving us all back where we are right now.

  3. #3
    iPhone? More like MyPhone allicatmeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    115
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 26 Times in 12 Posts

    Comex is still working on the jailbreak. it is not finished. instead of wanting your jailbreak nownownow, respect what these guys are doing to streamline both the JB and unlock, and wait patiently.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by giannibigler View Post
    Hello, first off I want to thank all the people involved in figuring out ways to jailbreak these phones. Since upgrading to an iphone4 on opening day I can honestly say I didn't realize how much I would miss my jailbreak (3G)...until I didn't have it anymore! From what I can tell, of the millions of iPhone users there are only a handful of people out there who have the intelligence, know-how and dedication to find ways to jailbreak and unlock. Shamefully, I have used their tools in the past and have never donated to their cause but that will change this time. These guys invest hours, days, weeks to figure this stuff out and anyone using their tools can surely afford a donation. After all, if you are waiting on a iphone4 jailbreak then you just paid at least $200 to get one. ANYWAYS, my question is, it seems as though they are holding off on releasing the jailbreak until an unlock is devised? However, not all of us need an unlock. I know it's hard to imagine but I am quite satisfied with AT&T as it works best in my area and won't need to think about unlocking for two more years (new contract). So why can't the jailbreak be released now and the unlock when it's ready? Thanks for any kind replies.
    Apple is trying to get smart. If the Jailbreak is released prior to 4.1 firmware update, there will be people here complaining why the release was done to early. Patience my friend... It will be released in a timely manner.

    (hit the thanks button if this helped you)
    Give me some free... Free! Which way is to... Give me some free...

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elcaptain0069 For This Useful Post:

    schutzhund (2010-07-19), Trooper Sam (2010-07-19)

  6. #5
    Retired Moderator z3r01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    5,697
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 886 Times in 557 Posts

    Even if you don't need an unlock, that doesn't mean the JB is on demand when you want it...it gets released when it's done and ready...not when ur opinion states it should be released...let's just relax and wait instead of making so many threads on the same issue...this is why geohot stopped his work on jailbreaking...because people don't have patience which in turn becomes frustration and insults because they aren't releasing it at the demanded time...

  7. #6
    With the exception of bhz1, who actually answered my question, did anyone else bother to read what I wrote before jumping down my throat? I am not DEMANDING anything. I thought these discussions were supposed to be friendly? The fact that I used the word "now" doesn't mean I am demanding anything "now". I thought I read somewhere that the JB was in fact done. Maybe it was mis-information, but geez, you peoplel are brutal. Thanks for making a newcomer to forums feel so welcome.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by giannibigler View Post
    With the exception of bhz1, who actually answered my question, did anyone else bother to read what I wrote before jumping down my throat? I am not DEMANDING anything. I thought these discussions were supposed to be friendly? The fact that I used the word "now" doesn't mean I am demanding anything "now". I thought I read somewhere that the JB was in fact done. Maybe it was mis-information, but geez, you peoplel are brutal. Thanks for making a newcomer to forums feel so welcome.
    Most people here have already made similar comments or asked the same question. Thus, if you browse the forums, which I'll assume you did, then there's no need for you to have posted a new thread.

    While I understand what you say, the JB is not ready yet. Well, the JB is done; they just need to figure out a way to package it for people like us.

  9. #8
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    2,101
    Thanks
    361
    Thanked 544 Times in 404 Posts

    Are we nearly there yet?

  10. #9
    Anyone know if the unlock is being worked on yet? Or are they still finishing the new jb?

  11. #10
    Livin the iPhone Life
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    1,021
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 116 Times in 113 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bkortee View Post
    Anyone know if the unlock is being worked on yet? Or are they still finishing the new jb?
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

  12. #11
    Everyone, these questions like, is the JB/Unlock ready cannot be answered by anyone in the forum. Best bet is to check the Twitter web pages for comex, planetbeing, and musclenerd. These are the devs working on these tools.

  13. #12
    Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pittsford, NY via Dallas, TX
    Posts
    2,742
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 622 Times in 346 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by giannibigler View Post
    With the exception of bhz1, who actually answered my question, did anyone else bother to read what I wrote before jumping down my throat? I am not DEMANDING anything. I thought these discussions were supposed to be friendly? The fact that I used the word "now" doesn't mean I am demanding anything "now". I thought I read somewhere that the JB was in fact done. Maybe it was mis-information, but geez, you peoplel are brutal. Thanks for making a newcomer to forums feel so welcome.
    You registered a year ago. So much for a newcomer...

  14. #13
    iPhone? More like MyPhone allicatmeow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    115
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 26 Times in 12 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by giannibigler View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that the JB was in fact done.
    when the JB is done, it will be posted to the main news page of the site.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •