Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: shsh blobs for 4.0 quick question

Default shsh blobs for 4.0 quick question
    i have the 4.0 blob message on cydia on my phone. i saved them through tiny umbrella on my laptop. if get a new laptop and sell this one will still have access to my blobs for restore if needed?
    i guess what im asking is where are the blobs stored in my computer or on another server???

in tiny umbrella look in to log and click on: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx SHSH SUCCESSFULLY saved! [Click Here to Open]
    this will show you location on your laptop...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -screen-shot-2010-07-18-12.32.30-pm.png  
    Last edited by rumcajs; 2010-07-18 at 09:33 PM.

i feel like the biggest noob asking this ? but here it goes.

so i got an iphone 4 and i saved my shsh with umbrella. everything was good. well i returned my wife and my phones to get new ones because of some issues yesterday, well now guess what....apple is no longer signing 4.0. just my luck.
    so should i update and get my 4.0.1 blobs so at least i get those, since theres no baseband update in it, or just stay on 4.0?
    i dont need an unlock, just a jailbreak.

p.s. i know these forums are flooded with noob questions, but i figured this was a little complicated.

thanks in advance.

Thanks

You can get the 4.0.1 blobs with umbrella without actually upgrading the phone. Just run umbrella since 4.0.1 is what's currently being signed that's what'll get saved, even while your on 4.0.

it wont sign it. it asks cydia for the blobs and it tells me " im just too late." heres the log. im still on 4.0
    and i know i have to update to get the 4.0.1 shsh, but i dont want to wait too long again and get screwed.

07/18/2010 14:53:17.659 TSS Server Started! 07/18/2010 14:53:17.659 TSS Accepting connections... 07/18/2010 14:53:17.659 Processing SHSH Request... 07/18/2010 14:53:17.659 Asking CYDIA for SHSH blobs for iPhone4 4.0 (8A293)... 07/18/2010 14:53:17.659 This device isn't eligible for the requested build. 07/18/2010 14:53:17.659 CYDIA DOES NOT HAVE YOUR SHSH FOR iPhone4 4.0 (8A293) THERE IS NO WAY FOR YOU TO GET THEM. SORRY. YOU ARE JUST TOO LATE.

Thanks

No, you do NOT have to update to get the shsh's for 4.0.1. The log shows you were trying to get them for 4.0, it IS to late for that. Download the latest tinyumbrella, make sure it's set on 4.0.1 and click get shsh. You'll be able to get them for that firmware even though your still on 4.0.

Cool jkmonkey,
    Thanks a lot for your help man. Now I get it. Great, I'm glad I didn't update!!
    I was so close too! I was having hella reception problems and I've heard that the update helped. But I'll bet it doesn't.
    Thanks again jkmonkey.
    You r the man.

Thanks

No problem, glad to help. Btw the update doesn't fix the reception issue it just fixes the way the phone displays the reception. It more accuratly displays the real signal strength. Ios 4.0 shows more bars than what you really should have. 4.0.1 gives a more accurate number of bars for the signal strength at the time.

yea, i know about the bars. but a buddy i know said theres a new algorhythm that switches over to edge faster and more efficiently. so i thought it might be better. but i know better than that, apple always try to stifle us jailbreakers with these .0.1 updates that are always nothing but a sneaky way to try and get the dev team to release their exploit early. we all know the drill. thanks again for the help man. backing up 4.0.1 shsh while im on 4.0 now.