Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: IOS 4.0 jailbreak coming?

Thanks
    Default IOS 4.0 jailbreak coming?
    Ok so planetbeing tweeted:

planetbeing: Finished writing what should hopefully be the "production" payload for the unlock. Now it just needs a loader and a userland app.

Maybe someone can explain this in non technological mumbo jumbo? When he says unlock does he mean carrier unlock or jailbreak because I need a jailbreak. And what's a userland app and loader and what's he referring to as production able? I have iPhone 3GS ios 4.0 with new bootrom and no shsh blobs

Green Apple
    Thanks
    planetbeing is working on a carrier unlock. and who cares what the rest means? lol. if youre on his twitter you should realize it's gonna be released soon. most likely with the jb

I'm in the same situation as you and hardly waiting the tool to be released. I'new to unlocking and JB but for what I understand unlock means "carrier free" and jailbreak means "app store free".

Of course the experts could give more comments on this.

Thanks
    Ya both of you kinda told me what I already know, I understand what a jb and unlock is. I just want some to dumb it down a bit so I can here it in a regular language haha.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by luketinsley View Post
    When he says unlock does he mean carrier unlock or jailbreak
    Quote Originally Posted by MFDOOM44 View Post
    planetbeing is working on a carrier unlock
    I need a jailbreak
    Quote Originally Posted by MFDOOM44 View Post
    it's gonna be released soon. most likely with the jb
    i don't think the rest of what planetbeing said would really concern any non developers but in a nutshell im pretty sure hes saying thats hes wrapping it up

An unlock means you can use other carriers aslong as its a gsm network, pretty much simcards. A jailbreak is not meant for pirating appstore apps, its meant to allow thirdparty apps/themes/tweaks/software that can be downloaded from other sources besides apple. An unlock requires a jailbreak.

Livin the iPhone Life mortopher's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok so planetbeing tweeted:

planetbeing: Finished writing what should hopefully be the "production" payload for the unlock. Now it just needs a loader and a userland app.

Maybe someone can explain this in non technological mumbo jumbo? When he says unlock does he mean carrier unlock or jailbreak because I need a jailbreak. And what's a userland app and loader and what's he referring to as production able? I have iPhone 3GS ios 4.0 with new bootrom and no shsh blobs
    Essentially, he has the guts of the unlock coding done, now all he has left to do is create the loader that will help to execute the coding and the userland app, which is the actual app you download through cydia that contains the unlock coding.

Yes he is referring to a carrier unlock.

@comex is the one developing the jailbreak itself. unfortunately it sounds like he's got a bit rougher road ahead of him than planetbeing had.

Basically, you have to wait for Comex. Planetbeing's incredible work only benefits those who want the phone on another gsm carrier. That being said, the unlock requires a jailbreak in order to execute it so make no mistake, they're doing their best to get it to us asap.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to mortopher For This Useful Post:

PWNsyst3m (2010-07-18)

You explained that a little better than me lol

Quote Originally Posted by sqlcoder View Post
    and jailbreak means "app store free".
    smh

modmyi is just hilarious sometimes

iPhone? More like MyPhone allicatmeow's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobright View Post
    smh

modmyi is just hilarious sometimes