Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: help needed to restore iPhone 3G to original state

Default help needed to restore iPhone 3G to original state
    Hi,

I need some help here...
    I jail break the iPhone 3G last year to firmware 2.2.1. And was using it fine. The phone was used by my wife and recently, she tried to sync with iTune 9 and the phone hang. I try to restore it (pressing both button when it boot up, then release the power button), but it hang as well.

I try to find info on how to upgrade to the newer firmware, but all the guide did not mention if a jail broken phone follow the same steps? And do I follow the steps from 2.2.1 to 3 then to 4? I am totally lost. :-p

But come to think of it, she doesn't use the extra functions of the phone. I think it would be better off, to just restore the phone to the latest firmware without jail breaking it.

I was trying to find the info myself, but am overwhelm with so much info... Could some kind soul give me some link/website that I can look at.

Cheers & God blessed

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

If you want the new updated software, just go into iTunes 9.2 and update. It's the same for jailbroken phones, except you'll lose your jailbreak, but it will update to 4.0.1 and you can always re-jailbreak on 4.0.1 if you want to.

But the problem now is when I plug in the iPhone, iTune does not recognize it...

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Try a different USB port or computer