Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Spirit2Pwn...anyone tried this to JB 4.0 or 4.01???

Default Spirit2Pwn...anyone tried this to JB 4.0 or 4.01???
    Stumbled across this, I am a little to cautious to try it has any one been successful JB'ing a 3Gs with this hack?

going with out a jailbreak SUCKS...I was forced to update to 4.0 after getting stuck in the endless boot loop drama, and Im looking for a way out!

Spirit2Pwn: iOS 4 jailbreak patch for iPhone 3G S (old bootrom) jailbroken with Spirit

LINK to source

Sat, Jul 3, 2010

Apple iPhone, Firmware, Software

For Windows users, there’s the new sn0wbreeze 1.6.2 you can use with your iPhone 3G S which was previously hacked using the Spirit jailbreak. If you’re on a Mac or for some reason that particular iOS 4 jailbreak still didn’t work for your Spirit-jailbroken device, then here’s what you can try out - Spirit2Pwn. Before attempting to install a custom iOS 4 firmware on your iPhone, download this patch from Cydia. You can find Spirit2Pwn by adding up the source iWOOWIZ Repo. Once you’ve installed this fix, using either PwnageTool 4.0.1 or sn0wbreeze 1.6 to jailbreak your Spirit-freed iPhone 3G S shouldn’t be a problem anymore. Do note, however, that this only compatible with the iPhone 3G S (old bootrom) on iPhone 3.1.3 jailbroken with Spirit, and isn’t an official patch released by the iPhone Dev Team. With that being the case, do proceed with caution if you’re willing enough to try this out.

I'v done this but i did mine the manual way and patched all the files using mobileterminal, there was also new about the spirit2pwn due to it using apple software or something so it was removed from the repo's

Anyway heres the guide to do it (the way i did it so i know it wouldnt **** up)

http://modmyi.com/forums/general/716...spirit-jb.html

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LOGiCALX For This Useful Post:

BitchI'llKillYa (2010-07-22)