Hi guys. I have a jailbroken and unlocked iphone 3GS on 3.1.3 firmware which is having some issues and needs to be synced or restored or anything that will fix the issues. (will work for an hour or so, then the screen will... decompensate? and then the phone gets stuck on reboot at the apple logo.)

I have inexplicably not been able to restore more than 1 time out of 10, and when it is successful it only appears to have completed the portion of restore that erases the boot sequence before erroring out with a 16xx or a 1015 or telling me that the itunes server is unavailable, or saying that this firmware is not compatible with my iphone. This happens with custom firmware, stock pre-downloaded firmware, on a mac running itunes 9.2, on a pc running itunes 9.2

When it does "restore", I am able to jailbreak again with spirit, and then after spending some hours attempting to either sync, restore from backup in itunes, or restore from backup using cydia tools, I experience the same issue fromt he beginning.

When I restore from backup... it complets and then initiates a sync and then when that completes in initiates a second sync and then either that starts another loop or it crashes and I have to start at the restore again because the perennial apple logo has reoccurred.

The details:
itunes 9.2 on mac os x 10.6.4
itunes 9.2 on win XP sp3
iphone 3gs on 3.1.3 firmware, jailbroken with spirit and unlocked with ultrasn0w
Old bootrom (353.3)
basband 5.12.01
custom firmware created with redsn0w, sn0wbreeze, pwnage tool
"stock" firmware downloaded from felix........

I have edited the hosts files on both the pc and the mac.
I have shsh blobs on file for 3.1.3 and for 4.0.
Downgrading to 3.1.2 is not an option.

Is there something I am missing that is making it impossible for me to complete a shift-restore to any firmware, custom or stock, in Itunes on either computer?

I am posting this here because it's a jailbroken/unlocked iphone and before jailbreaking this issue never happened. I hope I have not mis-filed my request.
Thanks in advance for any help!