Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.4 cannot save numbers / pictures / notes

Default 1.1.4 cannot save numbers / pictures / notes
    Hi,

Does anyone has the same problem. I updated from 1.1.3 and used restore and while the phone / installer and everything else works I cannot save any number, picture or note - it has to be some issue with the disk access. anyone had same problem / solution

thanks

Fz

Update: I used Ziphone 2.5b first time and 2.6b next time, both time restored the 1.1.4 firmware.
    Last edited by fudo; 2008-03-17 at 10:35 PM.

Im also having the same problem i ssh my 1.1.4 and saved my contacts when i upgraded from 1.1.1 and put them into address book and now i have my numbers but cannot add any new numbers or pictures very annoying and useless when i need to add numbers please help!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

when i try to use my camera it says

"ther is not enough room to take additional pictures. please delete some existing photos"

but there is no photos. everything else seems to work fine

iPhone? More like MyPhone navalynt's Avatar
    Thanks

It sounds like what you need to do is put your phone into DFU mode then hold the <SHIFT> key when you click on restore and select an actual 1.1.4 firmware file. Just doing a restore might be synching over some bad data so a clean restore using this method might help. The first time iTunes detects the phone after the restore be sure to setup as a new iPhone with a different name, don't use a previous profile!

FIRMWARE DOWNLOADS

To put the phone into DFU mode you hold the power and home buttons down until the screen turns off. Continue holding both down for about 10 seconds after the screen turns off then let up on the power button (make sure you don't let up on the home button!). After about another 10 seconds you should be good to let up on the home button. At that point iTunes should recognize your phone and ask you to restore.

**IF YOU ARE UPGRADING YOUR FIRMWARE FROM A PREVIOUS VERSION YOU WILL NEED TO PUT YOUR IPHONE BACK INTO DFU MODE AGAIN AND RUN <SHIFT> RESTORE A SECOND TIME**

Once it's up and running (locked of course) use ZiPhone to do the jailbreak/unlock/activate. First thing after you're in the phone is to go into installer, queue up all the packages in installer under "Sources", and let it refresh. Then go down to "System" and install Cydia (well, before you install Cydia you might want to go into preferences, makes sure you are connected to wifi, and set your auto lock to never).

After Cydia installs go back into "System" and install the "Fake BSD Subsystem" and then reboot the phone. After that you should be all set to install your favorite apps without errors;however, I highly recommend against trying to copy your contacts via SSH and instead either use iTunes to synch them over or something like Funambol for OTA synch. 1.1.3/1.1.4 are VERY picky about file permissions!
    Last edited by navalynt; 2008-03-18 at 05:20 AM.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to navalynt For This Useful Post:

fudo (2008-03-18)

Great Navalynt it works. you just forget to say that Cyndia can be found here -adding this URL to the sources http://apptapp.saurik.com and that it is called "Cydia Packager"

I also need to warn everyone that restoring your 1.1.3 backup will mess up the permissions and you will have to do it all over again

Thanks a million I guess the BSD stuff is history

iPhone? More like MyPhone luistohe123's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh nice solution....restoring....bah

also they might still have all their programs/applications still in the default directory(which needs to be moved, or check permissions on folders not allowing the save option, change to 0755).....but best bet is its the app. dir.