Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I think I killed my iPhone

Default I think I killed my iPhone
    Hello,
    i've just imported an iPhone and therefore tried to activate and unlock it. Well I didn't get pretty far... I was trying with a friend of mine to follow the steps. I plug the iphone in and itunes started. Then my friend told me : "no! you must use ibrick first" . What do you think I did ? Well stupid old me unplugged the iphone while itunes was still doing his stuff.
    Since then... well it is not activated or jailbroken and it is not recongnized when I plug it in (OSX or windows and I even tried on 3 different computers). OSX dosn't do anything, iTunes doesn't see it. In windows well at least it sees that I've connected an usb device but tells me it's an unknown device. I tryed to reset it or to force restauration, but nothing works.
    It seems I just have a real ibrick.
    Anykind of advice would be welcome

Yes maybe you can have fucked your phone but you can mail to Apple and ask what they can do, because you haven't really tried to unlock it yet, right?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Jensaberglund For This Useful Post:

jerome2007 (2007-09-27)

Yeah that's a good option... I'll send a message to apple right away.
    I hope there answer won't be that I must go to the apple store because where I live the iPhone will only be availlable in 2008 (or maybe never).
    Still, if anybody's got a great idea...

iPhone? More like MyPhone StrictlyBusiness's Avatar
    Thanks

No solution yet??? Im interested in hearing

while plugged into your computer while itunes is running, hold down the top button (sleep button) and the home button for about 25seconds. That will put it into recovery mode. iTunes will recognize that an iPhone is plugged in in recovery mode and will prompt you to restore the phone to factory settings! Try that! I've done it when I had that same problem!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kadeboer For This Useful Post:

jerome2007 (2007-09-29)

I had an issue with a friends phone where I couldn't get itunes to recognize the phone and I couldn't put it into restore mode by holding power & home...

I ended up using iNdependence & choosing unlock which actually for a split second put the iPhone directly into restore mode, then I forced quit independence before it actually did anything, disconnected the phone, ran iTunes & reconnected the phone...

The process took a couple tries due to time before the iPhone kicked back into normal, but after my 3rd try iTunes came up asking if I wanted to restore. I clicked yes and afterwards everything was fine...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bobbyt For This Useful Post:

jerome2007 (2007-09-29)

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyt View Post
    I had an issue with a friends phone where I couldn't get itunes to recognize the phone and I couldn't put it into restore mode by holding power & home...

I ended up using iNdependence & choosing unlock which actually for a split second put the iPhone directly into restore mode, then I forced quit independence before it actually did anything, disconnected the phone, ran iTunes & reconnected the phone...

The process took a couple tries due to time before the iPhone kicked back into normal, but after my 3rd try iTunes came up asking if I wanted to restore. I clicked yes and afterwards everything was fine...
    Hello ! and thanks !
    After like 10 failed tries it finaly worked ! It's restored and is now recognized everytime I plug it on mac or windows.
    The only problem now is that it got restaured with firmware 1.1.1 and since I don't live in the US, I can not do anything with it.
    To tell the truth I am really glad I got it to work correctly eventhough I now have to wait for a new 1.1.1 Crack or a way to downgrade it to 1.0.2
    It seems cracking might take some time but I don't understand why downgrading might be that difficult

Quote Originally Posted by jerome2007 View Post
    Yeah that's a good option... I'll send a message to apple right away.
    I hope there answer won't be that I must go to the apple store because where I live the iPhone will only be availlable in 2008 (or maybe never).
    Still, if anybody's got a great idea...
    just a thought for you buddy, leave it plugged into the computer...and restart the computer you have it plugged into, the computer will reboot see that you have a foreign device and then you can open itunes often it will wait a minute, and then say waiting on iphone and then give you the option to restore because its probably in recovery mode.....but you should typically be able to unplug your phone while its updating bc, its updating your firmware not your phone. some third party apps. actually ask you to unplug while in updating, depending on how far into modding you are

....seems to simple but it should work!