Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Downgrade iPhone 3G

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

The 3G doesn't use SHSH. The 3G has no ECID, so has no use for SHSH.

I have no idea what SHSH files are, heard of them, never got an explanation..

Man, it's more than one person having this problem, and there's not even an answer as to why it's doing that or if there's a fix? My iPhone is so unusable now that if I miss a phone call by the 1st ring, it lags so much after trying to answer it it misses the call.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

i was reading on a few different sites that you have to use a computer other than the one that you use all the time to do it..... and that you have to have an iTunes before 9.2 for it to work..... now im not sure..... but i tried before i figured out how to jailbreak my iphone and i just plain gave up on trying to go back..... why dont you want to be on the ios4??? my phone runs pretty smooth with the jailbreak..... i have multitasking and wallpaper enabled....

So do I, but the damn thing is just so laggy like I explained before. Literally when I try to pick up a call, it would lag 10 seconds at random and ultimately miss the call. Sometimes opening my phone book takes over 10 seconds, sometimes it crashes. My apps crash too, not all of them work.. It's just been an all around pain for me.

Im having the EXACT same problem as seanlh. Ever since I updated a month ago to 4.0 on my 3G my phone runs like crap! Ive tried all those steps to downgrade and I have no luck. There must be some way?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Have you tried downloading the 3.1.3 restore file from a different site? I have successfully downgraded mine a couple weeks ago and I remember running into the same problem as you all. I think what I did was restore in itunes to the stock 4.0 firmware and set up as new phone. Then put in dfu mode and then try pointing it to the 3.1.3 firmware. Make sure the file name is: "iPhone1,2_3.1.3_7E18_Restore.ipsw".
    I always put this file in the "c\:Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support" folder also btw.
    Last edited by Wessy; 2010-07-21 at 01:44 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

I have downgraded my GF's 3G on Monday night with no issues. Just turned phone off, hold down home, connect to computer, keep holding home until connect to itunes logo appears, shift click restore to selected firmware.

If you have a newer baseband than the FW your restoring to you will get a 1015 error.

Simply wait for phone to return to connect to itunes screen. Hold down the power and home button for 15 seconds. Release and press power for 2 seconds.

Worked a charm for me, have done it a few times this way.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper Sam View Post
    The 3G doesn't use SHSH. The 3G has no ECID, so has no use for SHSH.
    Even though this might not be the solution, the 3G now has SHSH files backed up in Cydia. Apple is doing soft signing on 3G and iPod Touch 2G. Cydia isn't backing up SHSH files for 3G phones just to look pretty.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Anniex423 View Post
    Even though this might not be the solution, the 3G now has SHSH files backed up in Cydia. Apple is doing soft signing on 3G and iPod Touch 2G. Cydia isn't backing up SHSH files for 3G phones just to look pretty.
    Damn, I hate talking out of my ***. Ah, well, it isn't the first time I've been wrong, nor shall it be the last.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

No worries, it's a new thing.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by seanlh View Post
    So do I, but the damn thing is just so laggy like I explained before. Literally when I try to pick up a call, it would lag 10 seconds at random and ultimately miss the call. Sometimes opening my phone book takes over 10 seconds, sometimes it crashes. My apps crash too, not all of them work.. It's just been an all around pain for me.
    thats just something that i deal with..... i love having my phone jailbroke..... mainly for the quick reply and quick compose that bitesms offers.....

Thanks

hi-i had problems with my ios4 upgrade,so i downgraded back to 3.1.3 on my iphone3g-i found this link How to Downgrade Your iPhone 3G[S] from iOS 4 to iOS 3.1.3 and i followed it and i was able to successfully downgrade back to 3.1.3,which works perfect with my 3g-i used spirit to jailbreak. don't know if this will help you ,but its worth a shot
    myiphonerocks-doesyours?

Doesn't work, tried it, sorry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12