Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: spirit jailbreak gone bad!

Default spirit jailbreak gone bad!
    i bought my ipod touch 3.1.3 just a week ago (presently its july 16 2010) and i tried to jailbreak it with spirit. first what i did was i tried to sync it with itunes just to create a back up, and then i ran spirit without doing any restore or whatsoever because it says that spirit can jailbreak 3.1.3 firmwares. Mine was already in 3.1.3 so i thought it doesn't need to be restored anymore. at first it went normally and smoothly. i was just waiting for the mini status bar, displayed on my ipod touch during the jailbreak, to finish loading but when it got to the end, it just stopped. the status bar was full though, but it got stuck on that part. it should have rebooted my ipod touch by that time but still it displays the screen with the status bar and stayed there for a long time. itunes already detected my ipod and its not in recovery mode. its being detected normally. only the screen was stuck. so i tried to reboot my ipod (which i think caused the problem) and now its stuck on the apple logo. but still detected by itunes. guys please, what should i do? im new to these kind of things! i would appreciate any help and suggestions! please????

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

How long did you leave it? Which version of iTunes are you running?

It can take up to 10 minutes for any JB to complete (if tho spirit is normally fast).

Also, if you have ran Spirit from Spiritjb.com on iTunes 9.2 (and not the unofficially updated Spirit for 9.2) that is why your stuck on boot. The only solution is to restore, and unless you have SHSH saved (which I assume you don't) you'll have to upgrade to iOS4 and be unable to JB in the meantime.

im pretty sure it took longer than 10 mins. i have the 9.1 version of the itunes. thanks for the info! i just want my ipod working!

Load it in recovery mode

And just hit restore...

Unfortunately you wont be able to j/b at this moment..

I think what made it go sour is you never synced the ipod to the computer first...
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!