Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iOS4 Missing Cellular Network Tab easy fix

Wink iOS4 Missing Cellular Network Tab easy fix
    Like a lot of people who used Redsn0w to jailbreak I found the tab for APN/MMS settings was gone. I temporarily got round this by using iPhone Configuration Utility to create a custom profile that at least gave me back the APN settings but doesn't solve MMS.

Then I read that the problem lies with the Carrier.plist file in the Unknown.bundle. These files are now digitally signed which makes it impossible to modify them (you cannot now edit the file to make that damn irritating Call Forward Active popup go away) without the Cellular Network tab disappearing. In fact installing any Cydia mods that previously rewrote the .plist will have the same effect. Thanks to redguy666 for posting that originally here:

Annoying "Call Forwarding Active" popup and custom carriers .plist - GSM-Forum

So the fix is easy - just copy an original Carrier.plist file onto your device, hard reboot and problem solved, all APN/MMS settings available again. I've attached the .plist file here for all you lovely people!!!

One question - I'm on T-Mob UK using O2 officially unlocked 3G. There never has been a specific carrier.bundle for T-Mob UK as it wasn't an official carrier, so it uses the Unknown.bundle. In iOS4 again there is no T-Mob UK bundle so I'm guessing that when T-Mob UK get around to having stock they'll be factory unlocked models? Sweet if that's the case!!!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by finepics; 2010-07-16 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Mistake - Carrier.plist needs replacing not General.plist - my apologies.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to finepics For This Useful Post:

Will01 (2010-07-16)

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Nice post, thanks.

Interesting update for T-Mob UK users - I had a popup appear a couple of days ago that installed a specific T-Mobile UK carrier bundle to the OS. Not sure if this came from Apple or T-Mob but as before the Cellular Netwok input tab has gone again (as it should be on an official carrier) but all APN/MMS are now contained in the new bundle .plist so everything working sweetly and no need for manual input!!! Incidentally the password for APN etc has now changed from pass to tm.