Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with "Re"Jailbreaking to fix Kernel patch

Default Help with "Re"Jailbreaking to fix Kernel patch
    Hi, all.

So, I have 3G with 3.1.3 already jailbroken using Sn0wbreeze.

But, the problem is that gpsphone doesn't work on it. I also found out that it is due to a Kernel patch mistake (discussed on gpsphone's official website) by Dev-Team.

Now, I don't know if it's really a mistake or who is responsible, but it said that one needed to re-jailbreak the phone using blackra1n, which would patch the kernel correctly.

The problem is that blackra1n doesn't work for me. I've tried many times with different "solutions" on the web. So, now, I want to find out if there's a different program that can do the same. If you have any suggestions, please share. I use Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

GT

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Have you restored to stock 3.1.2 and used blackra1n on that configuration?

No. I was hoping I didn't need to do that. It's a lot of work to reinstall and setup theme and everything...

Thanks

Blackra1n won't work if already JB by something else, you'll need to go from fresh 3.1.2.

Thanks for replying, and I mean absolutely no offense, but you can use blackra1n to re-jailbreak according to numerous posts on the net. There are even youtube tutorials on how...

Nevertheless, like I wrote in my post, I'm not trying to stick with blackra1n. Rather, I was wondering if anyone could think of an alternative that might work.

Thanks

Well perhaps you can on certain JB's but I know for a fact you can't on Spirit, perhaps you can with sn0wbreeze, although as I NEVER use it, I can't comment.

That's a limitation of spirit, not blackra1n...