Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak 3.1.3 3G

Default Jailbreak 3.1.3 3G [solved]
    I have a 3.1.3 3G that I need to jailbreak so I can sell it. The phone is no longer active so I can't use a quickpwn from what I understand. I've gone through several tutorials but I think my issue is that iTunes won't allow me to upgrade to a custom 3.1.3 firmware. I've tried to use Tiny Umbrella to backup my SHSH and use the TSS server but TU won't recognize the phone when I plug it in. It recognizes my 3GS, but not my 3G.
    Last edited by xtremetoonz; 2010-07-16 at 01:57 PM.

Why don't you just use an older version of redsn0w?

The 3G doesnt have Shsh blobs, forget that. Just restore to 3.1.3 with iTunes and use Redsn0w 0.94. In Redsn0w, you have to choose the 3.1.2 Firmware to jailbreak 3.1.3.

Default [solved]
    Quote Originally Posted by HomieG35 View Post
    Why don't you just use an older version of redsn0w?

Thanks guys. I came to realize through my trials last night that the SHSH was introduced with the 3GS so I didn't need to worry about that with the 3G. My issue with using redsn0w was that the phone was not activated. A friend pointed me to a site that shows you how to force iTunes into activation only mode. That got my phone to a state where redsn0w recognized the phone. I then ran into the issue where redsn0w wouldn't recognize the 3.1.3 ipsw and I found another tutorial that explained you have to use the 3.1.2 ipsw. The phone came out jailbroken and still on 3.1.3 so I'm a happy camper! Thank you to both of your great answers! Back to playing with my i4!

Put iTunes into Activation Only mode:
    iTunes / iPhone – Put iTunes into Activation Only Mode (Enterprise deployment) | Apple iPhone | Tech-Recipes