Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 - Backing up SHSH Problem - Please Help

Default iPhone 4 - Backing up SHSH Problem - Please Help
    hey guys, trying to backup my shsh blobs with the latest version of tinyumbrella.

I have an iPhone 4 32GB that I have sucessfully backed up the ios 4.0 blobs for. however, my girlfriends iPhone 4 16 GB (which I intend to jailbreak when its possible) is having trouble with tinyumbrella.

I have tried to retrieve her shsh blobs the exact same way I retrieved my own (on my 32gb). My 32gb is sync'd to my laptop and its the same laptop I have used to retrieve my shsh blobs on. Her iPhone is sync'd to her laptop and I have tried both of our computers and it gets stuck on
    "07/15/2010 20:48:05.781 Processing SHSH Request..."
    It takes TinyUmbrella less than 5 minutes to grab mine, and it hangs on that forever on her iPhone.

My PC is XP SP3 with all the latest updates, Hers is Win 7. Is there something I am missing, I need to get her shsh files so I can jailbreak her iphone when it becomes available.

anybody have an idea for me?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Have you read through the tinyumbrella readme for a solution? If there isnt one there, email semaphore and he will be able to help.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Actually, there are two possibilities. Apple stopped signing 4.0 blobs, I believe, sometime yesterday. You either tried to pulled the blobs that they were no longer signing, or Saurik's server was timing out due to everyone trying to get their blobs. When you request blobs in the standard fashion, it tries to pull them from Saurik's server. If his server doesn't have them, he then turns around and requests them from Apple (so they'll show up in Cydia when you do jailbreak). If you click advanced, you can try pulling them from Apple instead.

I just tried pulling from Apple directly and was unable to pull 4.0 blobs for my iPhone or 3.2 blobs for my iPad, so I'm assuming they've stopped signing. Hopefully Saurik's server got your request. At the very least, try to back up the 4.0.1 blobs, as the 4.0 jailbreak and unlock tools will probably work for it too.

i tried to get the blobs about 1 minute after i pulled the blobs for my own phone and it just hung there on connecting. i thought it was probably sauriks server getting bombarded with people doing what i was doing, but i guess its too late now if apple stopped signing it.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

It's likely that your blobs were on file with Cydia, but hers weren't. Cydia tried to pull from Apple but couldn't, which means you couldn't pull from Cydia, so it just got stuck. When he gives us the link for tinyumbrella 4.01.01, download it and pull her 4.0.1 shsh.