Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need help please: 3gs 3.1.2 Tethered Blackra1n JB... Just want untethered

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Need help please: 3gs 3.1.2 Tethered Blackra1n JB... Just want untethered
    I have a 3gs on 3.1.2 that I just jb with blackra1n because I forgot about the tethered jb possibility and now its tethered.

I just need to know my best route from here and the quickest/best way I can get untethered at least. Jb/unlocked on 4.0 would be great but untethered is really all I need. Thank you for any help.

3gs 3.1.2
    Model: MB715LL
    Serial: 870047LA3NP
    MF: 05.11.07
    Bootrom: ?
    SHSH on file: Pending Request
    Last edited by philipmb; 2010-07-15 at 07:38 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by philipmb View Post
    I have a 3gs on 3.1.2 that I just jb with blackra1n because I forgot about the tethered jb possibility and now its tethered.

I just need to know my best route from here and the quickest/best way I can get untethered at least. Jb/unlocked on 4.0 would be great but untethered is really all I need. Thank you for any help.

3gs 3.1.2
    Model: MB715LL
    Serial: 870047LA3NP
    MF: 05.11.07
    Bootrom: ?
    SHSH on file: Pending Request
    You can do the Spirit jailbreak if you want untethered but you need to restore to 3.1.2 again before you can apply Spirit. Do you have the 3.1.2 shsh shown on the front page of Cydia?
    If you do, then read this link on how to edit your hosts file and do the restore to 3.1.2 again :
    http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...ecid-shsh.html
    Last edited by iYeow; 2010-07-15 at 07:53 AM.

If I were you and already got my SHSH blobs for 3.1.2, then I would do a downgrade restore to 3.1.2 which actually would only restore. Anyway, do that and jailbreak it again with blackra1n, but make sure you download a untethered version or newest version. It could be that your black rain is a outdated version, once you have a clean fresh restore, jailbreak it again. Go to blackweather

Ohh but I gotta warn you downgrade it a bit tricky. If you need help let me know.
    Last edited by Ethanolic; 2010-07-15 at 07:44 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Ok, thanks guys for both replys. That tutorial is about 3.0 and 3.1, so does that translate into 3.1.2?
    This is what I think Im supposed to do:

Make sure my SHSH blobs are on cydia- (although cydia seems to be down atm)
    Then use Tiny Umbrella to save them on my computer, and then use the same program to downgrade?
    So am I still editing my hosts file?
    Ive never successfully downgraded anything so Im just unsure on the specifics for 3.1.2 3gs on what I assume is the new boot-rom since I have a tethered blackra1n jb.
    I didnt use an outdated version, but the current one I get from blackweather.com gave me an error so I had to use fixmyra1n, which worked but then I ended up tethered.

UPDATE:

Ok now for whatever reason, cydia is just not opening on this phone. It just goes to open and then comes back to springboard everytime. Anyone know why this is happening? Also, I gave a request to save shsh last night with cydia but umbrella is saying cydia doesnt have them. Should I wait longer to check if cydia has them?
    Last edited by philipmb; 2010-07-15 at 11:00 PM.

Thanks

Blackra1n will be a tethered jailbreak for a 3GS with the new bootrom. There is no, and will not be, an updated version. Use spirit for an untethered jailbreak.