Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Ok Ran into a little problem..

Default Ok Ran into a little problem..
    I have a 3G iphone.. it was my friends who had ATT that didnt believe in Jailbreaking or unlocking.. so.. he upgraded to the iPhone 4.. gave me his old 3G

its running on 4.0 right now.. Jailbroken and Unlocked (it had 4.0 on it when i got it and i just used redsn0w..

Now my question is.. how do i Downgrade to 3.1.3 . the phone is really sluggish (Multitasking and homescreen wallpaper was not enabled) The phone constantly runs out of memory (says sbsettings when i pull it up) im always down to like 8 mb free) I have spotlight search already turned off..

now heres my problem.. I downgraded to 3.1.3 Successfully.. (got the 1015 Error Code , just ran recboot and got it booting up to the itunes screen on the phone) is there any way to activate it without a ATT sim Card? because Spirit Gives error Code 1 because the phone needs to be activated first in order for the Spirit JB to work)

so to summarize it. how do i activate 3.1.3 so that I can JB and use the phone.. I have T-Mobile.. thank you

oh and if u have an answer you dont have to water it down for me to understand ive been JBing and Unlocking since the 2G first Came out awhile back so im pretty knowledgeable about this kinda stuff but ive been stumped with this as my searches have yet to bear and results..

thanks ahead of time

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I read that sbsettings can be the cause of 3g phones on iOS 4
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

Quote Originally Posted by ianbroste View Post
    I read that sbsettings can be the cause of 3g phones on iOS 4
    I hope not... do u have a link to the material?

Quote Originally Posted by Theas1an View Post
    I have a 3G iphone.. it was my friends who had ATT that didnt believe in Jailbreaking or unlocking.. so.. he upgraded to the iPhone 4.. gave me his old 3G

its running on 4.0 right now.. Jailbroken and Unlocked (it had 4.0 on it when i got it and i just used redsn0w..

Now my question is.. how do i Downgrade to 3.1.3 . the phone is really sluggish (Multitasking and homescreen wallpaper was not enabled) The phone constantly runs out of memory (says sbsettings when i pull it up) im always down to like 8 mb free) I have spotlight search already turned off..

now heres my problem.. I downgraded to 3.1.3 Successfully.. (got the 1015 Error Code , just ran recboot and got it booting up to the itunes screen on the phone) is there any way to activate it without a ATT sim Card? because Spirit Gives error Code 1 because the phone needs to be activated first in order for the Spirit JB to work)

so to summarize it. how do i activate 3.1.3 so that I can JB and use the phone.. I have T-Mobile.. thank you

oh and if u have an answer you dont have to water it down for me to understand ive been JBing and Unlocking since the 2G first Came out awhile back so im pretty knowledgeable about this kinda stuff but ive been stumped with this as my searches have yet to bear and results..

thanks ahead of time
    Well, what you can do is this. restore you phone to 3.1.3. Build your firmware 3.1.3 with pwgnage tool. In itunes hold shift(restore) use the built firmware and that should fix the issue of the error you are getting. I used to be a Tmobile customer with windows xp. I had a similar problem, which in turn lead me to go to my friends and use his mac book to build my firmware. I am not sure you have that option of building your own firmware with pwgnage tool, but that is what fixed my issue. Good Luck!

Hit the thanks button if this helps...
    Give me some free... Free! Which way is to... Give me some free...

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

See I got scared away by all the people saying iOS 4 causes the 3G to lag badly... But I fixed that problem right away

Mine doesnt lag and I am enjoying my wallpaper and multitasking. Like I always do, I delete all the language packs except English and Japanese and that snaps my phone back into being fast. Ill admit, it was faster on 3.1.3, but its still fast on iOS 4 too.

So consider deleting those language packs (I got 3400+ out of my phone).

Basically, Im just saying nothing wrong with staying on iOS 4 and jailbreaking with redsn0w. You delete those language packs then suddenly no more sluggish phone
    Last edited by i.Annie; 2010-07-15 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost