Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: how to find "jailbreaks"? where to start?

Default how to find "jailbreaks"? where to start?
    im looking to get into making jailbreaks (finding exploits). can someone tell me where to start or what computer language to learn so i can pick up some books. i already know VB

thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

Download an IPSW corresponding to the OS And iPhone You want to find it on. Then go to google and download any Hex editor.
    Browse the IPSW into the hex editor and search for "TIOLPXE." After That you upload a payload then you start finding the exploits from there. That's as far as i got. For a ramdisk jailbreak. You can tear an IPSW apart and find an IMG3 file then you can decrypt it but make sure it's the Update IMG3 not the restore IMG3. Following the above will give you a redsn0w-like jailbreak. Also develop a kernel also as this is important. Also, go to google and search for Anthrax and cyanide greenpois0n and you will have the source codes to develop your own jailbreaking tools. Also create an application (.exe) that will apply the jailbreak.
    ESSENTIAL:
    1) You must have professional experience in coding, if not... Turn back and forget about it until you learn
    2) You will be needing a test device and need to experiment on it knowing the risks of testing and knowing you could break your phone and mess it up. You will be able to sacrifice iDevices for us
    3) Handle the public, since you're new they will treat you like garbage, but ignore it all. And you need to give a copy when you are finished to iH8sn0w, devTeam, etc Songhai can confirm and
    Prove you're for real.
    4) Very good luck
    I wish you the best luck and you may be one of the next BIG jailbreaker. You may even be the next GeoHot Good luck and welcome to the community.

Can you please explain where one can get a payload, what is a payload anyways?

Thanks

Google: the iPhone wiki. It has all the answers to all your questions.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

If you have to ask you need to go back to school to learn unix programming. Read this ENTIRE web page...

Main Page - The iPhone Wiki

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    If you have to ask you need to go back to school to learn unix programming. Read this ENTIRE web page...

Main Page - The iPhone Wiki
    Lol Poseidon, same answer posted at the exact same time. Lol I visited the Chronic-Dev IRC and got sent there. I learned a lot. I'm going for a ramdisk jailbreak. Just need to decrypt an IMG3 file... *Sigh*
    It's an update ramdisk that needs decrypting...