Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Error 1604 while updating?

Default Error 1604 while updating?
    I have been trying to get my 3GS to 4.0 jailbroken for the past few days. I have downgraded it to 3.1.2 jailbroken.Then I also ran sn0wbreeze and created the custom 4.0 IPSW. Then whenever I try to restore the 3GS using the custom 4.0 IPSW it get the error 1604. Anyone know that the problem could be?

Thanks

what did you use to jailbreak it on 3.1.2?

I used blackra1n

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Error 1604: This error is often related to USB timing. Try changing USB ports, uninstalling and reinstalling USB ports, and other available USB troubleshooting steps (troubleshooting USB connections, device not recognized properly, computer won't recognize a FireWire or USB device). If you are using a dock, bypass it and connect directly to the USB 30-pin dock-connector cable. If the issue persists on a known-good computer, the device may need service.

If the issue is not resolved by USB isolation troubleshooting, and another computer is not available, try these steps to resolve the issue:

Connect the device to iTunes, confirm that the device is in Recovery Mode. If it's not in Recovery Mode, put it into Recovery Mode.
    Restore and wait for error 1604.
    When prompted, click OK.
    Close and re-open iTunes while iPhone remains connected.
    iPhone should now be recognized in Recovery Mode again.
    Try to restore again.
    If the steps above do not resolve the issue, try restoring using a known-good USB cable, computer, and network connection.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceplayer97 View Post
    I used blackra1n
    is your jailbreak tethered? if so, that is why you are getting the error when trying to restore to a custom firmware