Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: coworkers phone messed up by jb, how to fix?

Default coworkers phone messed up by jb, how to fix?
    ok so long story short, i've jb alot of 3g phones with both redsn0w and blackrain, ect, ect...well i was at work today and one of the spanish guys in the back bought an iphone 3g and had someone jb...anyways i noticed his phone was in safe mode...i thought it was strange so after i rebooted it, back in safe mode again...i cannot get it out of safe mode at all...so i figured i would take it home and try to figure out why it keeps crashing on him...he has nothing on there out of the ordinary infact he only has the factory apps and cydia with ultrasn0w...so i thought maybe i would start with a fresh restore, so i tried to put his phone in dfu mode...well long story short that damn russian steve jobs cartoon popped up and i keep getting unexpected error 13...the phone was running 4.0 with bb 5.13.04, i tried restoring with 4.0, 3.13 nothing keep getting errors....i was finally able to get his phone out of dfu by reloading redsn0w again, so now i'm back where i started with the phone in safe mode...anyone have any suggestions? i've never run into a problem like this before

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Something downloaded in cydia is causing the problem.

Found this. You can

1) Go to Cydia > Manage > Packages > Mobile Substrate > Modify > Remove.

2) Note all of the packages which will be removed so that you can reinstall them at a later date.

3) Click confirm to uninstall.

This will uninstall Mobile Substrate and all packages that depend on it.

When done, restart your phone. This should have fixed your problem.

You can then re-install any of the packages you noted in step 2 that you still want, one at a time. You should probably restart between each package you install. If at any point you get the Safe Mode message, the last package you installed is probably the culprit. Or try restoring it to stock iOS 4 and jailbreak using redsn0w.
    Last edited by ianbroste; 2010-07-14 at 12:59 AM.
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

yeah there was some program that was on his springboard, but didn't show up in cydia to remove...don't know how it got there or why it was put on there...anyways i was able to finally restore and re/jb...but now i'm having trouble getting his network settings tab to show up...is this something new in 4.0? i cannot manually change the mms/apn info...do you know how i can get that back? all i'm getting is the on/off for the network...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I've never personally used it but I've read a lot of people use this site. Supposedly you access it from the phones safari browser while on wifi then you can change the apn settings.

Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?