Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Howto upgrade 3.1.2 to 3.1.3

Default Howto upgrade 3.1.2 to 3.1.3
    I am currently running iOS 3.1.2 on a iphone 3GS that is jailbroken using blackra!n and it works just fine.

I need to upgrade to 3.1.3 to install an app as 3.1.3 is the minimum requirement for this app. I don't want to go to iOS 4.0 yet so is there a way to get to a jailbroken 3.1.3?

Can I download sn0wbreeze and the stock iphone 3GS 3.1.3 firmware and build a custom firmware and do a restore? If so is this a tethered or untethered JB?

Can I still install the stock 3.1.3 3GS firmware first and then use blackra!n to JB it? I don't think is possible since apple is not signing the 3.1.3 firmware anymore.

Well I tried to upgrade to 3.1.3 and it was a miserable failure.

I downloaded sn0wbreeze and the iphone 3GS 3.1.3 firmware and created a custom firmware. I tried to install this using iTunes 9.2 and it failed with a 1600 error. I found the iReb utility to get past this and found that one this ran it restarted the iphone and I was back up and running with my old 3.1.2 install and everything intact.

I am going to stay at 3.1.2 for now. Will consider iOS4 when/if there is a reasonable JB for it.
    Last edited by mlcampbe; 2010-07-13 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Short answer: No, you can't upgrade to 3.1.3. Apple stopped signing that firmware.

Thanks

You can upgrade if you have your 3.1.3 SHSH files stored. Then jailbreak.

Can you provide the steps? My cydia shows that I have SHSH stored for 3.0, 3.1, 3.1.2, 3.1.3 (even though I've never had 3.1.3 installed).

Can I add an entry to my hosts file for gs.apple.com then install the stock 3.1.3 firmware? From there what are the steps? Use blackra!n or what?

If you want to stay on 3.1.2 just download app from Cydia that makes apps thinking you are in 3.1.3, don't remember the name but i'm almost sure is made by BigBoss

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

I provided you with steps for both a Mac and a PC......
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?