Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to Jailbreak Please

Default How to Jailbreak Please
    phone 3GS,running 4.0,Jailbroke before with spirit,SHSH 3.12 and 3.13 on file with Cydia Old boot rom I think serial 9 wk 20,

Plz search this site before asking...there is at least 5 threads about it...

Quote Originally Posted by rumcajs View Post
    Plz search this site before asking...there is at least 5 threads about it...
    I did and I am running windows 7 prof. and I can not modify the hosts file. I ask for help not smart answers

iPhone? More like MyPhone allicatmeow's Avatar
    Thanks

you didn't search then if you couldn't find anything.

http://modmyi.com/forums/general/719...ice-needs.html

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

Go to this site The Firmware Umbrella and read and download the newest version of TU. It acts as a host for you so it makes retrieving the shsh blobs easier.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter

Thanks I already tried But I can not mod the hosts file in windows 7 Even tho I am the admin for this computer. Notepad will not let me save the mod Hosts file. I ran tiny unbrella before and my shsh are on file both on my computer as well as on Cydia. The problem is I used Spirit to JB 3.13.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gcaufi View Post
    Thanks I already tried But I can not mod the hosts file in windows 7 Even tho I am the admin for this computer. Notepad will not let me save the mod Hosts file. I ran tiny unbrella before and my shsh are on file both on my computer as well as on Cydia. The problem is I used Spirit to JB 3.13.
    Right click on tinyumbrella and click run as admin, when it ask for permission to run on your pc say yes.

Also make sure you have tiny version 4.00.54 it should handle setting up the host files for you as long as it is running in admin mode. Just read the directions with it that come in the readme file. There is also allot of good info in this thread about issues others have had.
    http://modmyi.com/forums/iphone-news...hsh-files.html

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Captinsmooth For This Useful Post:

gcaufi (2010-07-15)

I am running the latest Tiny umbrella 4.0080. I have found the shsh for 3.13 and 4.0 on my computer. 3.12 is on Cydia not on my computer.I was trying to restore 3.12 using cydia then use sn0wbreeze to JB. I could kill my son for upgrading my phone to 4.0 for me when I was in the hospital. Guess I will have to wait until the DevTeam comes out witheir stuff. I am lost

Thanks

If you click the advanced tab and select cydia it should set the host to their for you.

I will try that thanks

I Finally got 3.12 loaded on the phone. Tried blackra1n to JB. would not work any suggestions ?

I Finally got 3.12 loaded on the phone. Tried blackra1n to JB. would not work any suggestions ?

Fixed it found out it was an itunes 9.1 problem with the asl.dll problem
    now 3.12 loaded and JB using Blackra1n
    Last edited by gcaufi; 2010-07-16 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost