Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Cannot load any custom firmware, errors each time.

Unhappy Cannot load any custom firmware, errors each time.
    Hi everyone, i have been running up and down the internet the whole day trying to find a solution and am at my last resort now.

I will now explain the events that led up to me being in the situation i am now, if you cant be bothered skip down to the bottom to help me

I decided to do a complete reset 'in phone', as the carrier had for some reason put some sort of call barring on my phone. I thought that it must be because of the jailbreak. Little did i know that the phone would freeze in a boot loop and when i restored it using my computer it turned out to be on a different carrier (This is where i accidentally loaded stock 3.1.3). I then attempted to restore the phone again using a 'cooked' version of 4.0 done by the latest pwnage release. This failed numerous times when i attempted to use DFU mode and Recovery mode, each displaying an error (1600, 2006 ect) for both 4 and 3.1.3 custom firmwares. The phone was previously on a jail-broken 3.1.2

I am currently back on 3.1.3, with iTunes asking me to insert a correct sim. I would like to jailbreak into iOS4 and unlock it, but right now i would be happy with the phone just being unlocked on any firmware release.

iPhone: 3G
    iTunes: 9.2

Thank you for your time.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Update to iOS 4 then follow this guide. Make sure to check activate phone and uncheck multitasking and background wallpapers.

How to Jailbreak 4.0 iPhone 3G/iPod Touch 2g on OS X/Windows
    Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

Thanks, trying it now. Uncheck wallpapers ect? Is that personal preference to increase speed?

also there is no activate phone checkbox...

EDIT: Its booted into the jailbroken iOS4 perfectly, Thankyou.
    Last edited by Pimpalicous; 2010-07-14 at 05:01 AM.