Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: JB 3gs in OS 4.0 - Help needed from GURU's

Default JB 3gs in OS 4.0 - Help needed from GURU's
    All you iPhone 3gs GURUs,

I have a totally weird problem with jailbreaking by 3gs and would appreciate any assistance provided.

Below is the chronological order of things that I did to my iphone 3gs
    1. Bought my brand new iphone 3gs (Bootrom - 359.3.2; firmware - 3.1.2) from a seller in Dec '09 and JB, unlocked it with B1ackrain and used my 3gs with no issues for almost 6 months with T-Mobile
    2. Tried to upgrade my 3gs to a jailbreaken os 4.0 using pwange tool (snowbreeze) using Windows via the steps listed in redmonpie.
    3. Biggest mistake done - I forgot to save a copy of my firmware in Cydia
    4. As multiple updates to JB OS4.0 failed, i was frustrated and upgraded to OS 4.0 directly from Apple (the dumbest thing I did)

Now my iphone 3gs is locked to AT&T, due to which I had to take a AT&T connection.

Though I have read this forum and other forums multiple times, can some one tell me if there is a unlock method/tool available for my 3gs Os4.0?
    If no alternative is available currently can someone tell me if there will be a solution for me to unlock the os 4.0 in the near future? I will be leaving US shortly and would like to use my iphone 3gs after unlocking.

All you GURUs please let me know if I should keep my hopes up or is my iphone good for nothing once i leave US?

Drinks the Kool Aid Captinsmooth's Avatar
    Thanks

You are stuck for now, the new jb is expected in a few weeks once that comes out you will be able to unlock again. Save your 4.0 shsh blobs now with tinyumbrella 4.00.54 so you have them in the future.
    This post infers no rights and is provided as is.

Click here to follow me on twitter