Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3gs on iOS 4.0 -

Default 3gs on iOS 4.0 -
    I've 3gs on iOS 4.0. Never JB or unlocked before,nor have shsh/ECID blogs stored on Cydia or elsewhere. Is there ANYWAY to get my iphone Jailbroken/Unlocked as on date? (Using customer firmware - pwnage tool or etc?) If yes,pls direct me to instructions if possible.

Note:
    iPhone3GS 4.0 (8A293)
    Model: MB715LL/A
    Baseband: 05.13.04 - 6.4_M3S2

Your help is highly appreciated!

Connect your phone to TinyUmbrella and click "Display SHSH". If nothing is displayed, wait for the userland JB. There's nothing more you can do at this time. If you do see an SHSH for 3.1.3 or 3.1.2, come back and let us know. We'll point you in the right direction.

Also, having an MC or MB model makes no difference. I have a MC model that's old bootrom, and a MB model that's new bootrom.

- tinyUmbrella not showing anything except 4.0! - Which is current iOS. Looks like piece of paper-weight to me !!

Quote Originally Posted by didadi View Post
    - tinyUmbrella not showing anything except 4.0! - Which is current iOS. Looks like piece of paper-weight to me !!
    You could still use it as an iPod.

how ? ! - its showing,connect to itunes screen and then emergency calling screen. Nothing else..HOw do i get the "home" screen? (Springboard?)

Find a friend with an AT&T SIM card so you can activate it through iTunes. It won't be jailbroken, but at least you can use it as can iPod.