Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking your IPhone with already purchased applications

Default Jailbreaking your IPhone with already purchased applications
    Hello,

As the title says, If you jailbreak your iPhone with already purchased applications, will you be able to reinstall them?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Thenextkiller's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah just backup your iPhone before the jailbreak and simply sync it after the jailbreak. You will have the same iPhone but now you will have Cydia
    Am firin ma lasah

So I'll be able to reinstall my bought applications after I have jailbroken my iphone? Just resync them?

Thanks

if you are just jailbreaking the phone then the jailbreak (redsn0w, spirit, blackra1n) itself will not remove them, if you are using a custom firmwaware to jailbreak on the other hand then yes everything will be gone, like Thenextkiller said, sycn everything first then restore to the custom firmware and then reinstall them (if that's the method you are using)

Quote Originally Posted by j3st3r3 View Post
    if you are just jailbreaking the phone then the jailbreak (redsn0w, spirit, blackra1n) itself will not remove them, if you are using a custom firmwaware to jailbreak on the other hand then yes everything will be gone, like Thenextkiller said, sycn everything first then restore to the custom firmware and then reinstall them (if that's the method you are using)
    Hello j3st3r3, Thanks for the response

I'll be just jailbreaking I'm not sure about the custom OS although I was told to download a 4.0 OS even though I've already updated the iOS version to 4.0.

Thanks

redsn0w requires the official iOS 4 ipsw, since you are already on 4.0 then you have already downloaded it, it's just hidden in itunes, search the forum and you will find out where to look for it so you don't have to redownload it....