Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: upgrading jailbroken 3G to OS 4

Default upgrading jailbroken 3G to OS 4
    sorry for a question that is no doubt asked daily but search didnt give me the answer i was looking for:

my iphone 3g is jailbroken on 3.1.2 but i want to upgrade to jailbroken 4.

is this possible at the minute on windows?

or is it impossible at the minute and so should i stay on JB 3.1.2 for now?

thanks

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes, Congratulations! First Update To iOS4 Via iTunes. After Complete, Download An iOS4 iPhone 3G IPSW From Here: iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download
    Scroll Down To Where It Says iPhone And Find iPhone 3G 4.0 And Click It And Select Download. After It's Done Downloading, Download Redsn0w 0.9.5 B5-5 From Here: Download RedSn0w 0.9.5 b5-5 – Fixes MMS/APN Issues on Jailbroken iOS 4 | iPhoneHeat
    Then After It's Done Downloading, Run Redsn0w. Then Browse For The 4.0 IPSW You Downloaded From The Website. It Will Process It Then Click Next. You Will Then Have The Option To Enable Custom Boot/Recovery Logos And Enable Multitasking, Wallpaper, And Battery Percentage. I Recommend Just Enabling Multitasking. After That Connect Your iPhone 3G To Your Computer Then Shut It Off. After It's Completely Off And Connected Click Next And Get Ready To Follow The Onscreen Instructions. It Will Then Do The Rest For You. Congrats And Welcome To The Jailbroken iOS4 Community

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Halten77 For This Useful Post:

djbenny1 (2010-07-12)

thanks a million halten

My iPhone is a Part of Me Halten77's Avatar
    Thanks

Your Absolutely Welcome! Please PM Me If You Have Any Problems At All! Or Any Help!

would it be better to go the redsn0w route or custom firmware to try and keep baseband 4.26?

Thanks

no need to use the custom route unless you want to, the latest release of ultrasn0w unlocks all 3G and 3GS basebands including the updated iOS 4 baseband

8. The Following User Says Thank You to j3st3r For This Useful Post:

Halten77 (2010-07-13)