Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPod touch MC models and iPhone 3g[s] NEW bootrom iOS4 jailbreak

Does iBooty give any errors? If it doesn't, I would suggest remaking your iBooty folder and use the new iBooty link.

Quote Originally Posted by nerddownthestreet View Post
    I heard this from a few people. Make sure you are using the 3.1.2 firmware with Payload Pwner. Also, does Payload Pwner give an error message? It would also help to know what device you have.
    Yeah, sorry. I have a Touch 2G, MC model. I also don't have any SHSH blobs as I've never jailbroken the iPod before, would that be the problem? There is no errors or anything, it says it's completed but nothing shows up.

yeah i remade the folder, dl the new booty even so i cant get the image to appear on my phone. i have 3gs new bootrom on 3.1.2, can anyone tell me why the image wont appear on my phone

Hmm, I really don't know. If neither of you ever jb'd on 3.1.2, that might be the prob. Restore to 3.1.2, Use blackra1n, then reboot, then run iBooty to prepare divice, then restore to custom 4.0 firmware. If you still have the prob, I can PM p2bc14 my iBooty folder since we have the same device to see if mine works. If that don't work, I really don't know what to do
    question = (to) ? be : !be;

yeah i downgraded some many times, i have had used blackrain then i used redsnow cuz i thought blackrain was the problem but guess not. but ill try again for the 7th time and hope i can get it to work

yeah now i cant get the picture to show up at all. i dont understand why its being so difficult. i wish i knew wat i was doing wrong. i followed step by step
    Last edited by poolshark49; 2010-07-21 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I don't ghet it iznt this more or less been pozted like 9xx,xxx,xxx times n there's a sticky on it already it's the same jailbrake that wvery1 goes IT NOT WORK oh jeez I don't haz shsh blogs saved can't someone make me some

I know it says at the top u need shsh files for 3.1.2, but is it really neccessary cause i bought my ipod touch directly on 3.1.3

If your iPod is an 8gb, that's why. You don't need shsh for ipt 3G 8gb for 3.x.

I have got a 1606 error from itunes. When i restore the ipod loading bar doesn't budge. any help??????
    Last edited by bluerocker; 2010-07-23 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Unhappy Help ME!
    Ok I Followed All The Steps Said And I Still Do Not Get The iBooty Logo What Am I DOing Wrong? Plz Reply ASAP

I jailbroke my iPod touch 8GB 3rd gen mc model with the sn0wbreeze v1.7 using the tutorial on this website. As a result, I enabled native multitasking. However, when I install apps from the app store or jailbroken apps they don't have the multitasking capabilities such as fast app switching, and I can't use apps like Skype in the background. Is there a way to make the apps think my ipod is a 3rd generation 32 or 64 GB model so that the multitasking features work?
    Last edited by krishenp; 2010-07-27 at 10:34 PM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Update: I've decided to roll back to 3.1.2 and jailbreak with Spirit. The method described in this thread does work, but the jailbreak wasn't as stable as I'd like, and twice I've found myself with the phone rebooted and needing iBooty's reboot.

I found out about the Spirit jailbreak being an actual untethered jailbreak after I performed this procedure, and now I'm glad I've done it, and have a true untethered jailbreak. It's the first time I've been untethered since I've owned a 3GS, and running 3.1.2 is worth it to be untethered.

When the Dev Team ports the Spirit jailbreak over to 4.X, I'll be glad to move then. This method is fine if you don't mind a tethered jailbreak and you always have a PC that can kick you out of recovery, but I decided I wanted a higher degree of reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by krishenp View Post
    I jailbroke my iPod touch 8GB 3rd gen mc model with the sn0wbreeze v1.7 using the tutorial on this website. As a result, I enabled native multitasking. However, when I install apps from the app store or jailbroken apps they don't have the multitasking capabilities such as fast app switching, and I can't use apps like Skype in the background. Is there a way to make the apps think my ipod is a 3rd generation 32 or 64 GB model so that the multitasking features work?
    If the app natively supports multitasking, it will work. Not all apps support multitasking, so what I did is install Backgrounder in Cydia, set it to autodetect (to detect apps that can background), and set it to enable at launch. See if that fixes your prob!

Default iPod won't boot
    I rebooted my iPod touch (8gb mc) and I clicked on "Boot it" on iBooty, but my iPod won't boot.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12