Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Are we there yet?

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ik1348 View Post
    When is ioS 4.1 going to released?any idea?
    Probably tomorrow.

^ apple is holding the annual ipod update on september 7 and has released the x.1 fw there for multiple years in a row

And I will finally be able to get my iPod Touch 4G!

Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    ^ apple is holding the annual ipod update on september 7 and has released the x.1 fw there for multiple years in a row
    Apple to Provide Live Video Stream for Media Event - Mac Rumors

lets hope 4.1 slips out on the 1st
    "If You're Not First, You're Last" - Ricky Bobby

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
    Every report I read said that the media passes were sent out with a September 1st date... I am just passing along what I read.... Lets see what tomorrow brings....

I guess we have to wait until the 7th for 4.1 and the new iPods. I Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by korin125 View Post
    I guess we have to wait until the 7th for 4.1 and the new iPods. I Can't wait!
    Apple (United Kingdom) - iPhone - New features in the iOS 4 Software Update
    "If You're Not First, You're Last" - Ricky Bobby

So, the new nano has "apps" (ie. music, playlists, iTunes) I wonder if it will be jailbroken.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I'd love to see it jailbroken to allow video playback.

Sent from my iPhone using ModMyi

So, the new nano has "apps" (ie. music, playlists, iTunes) I wonder if it will be jailbroken.
    Doubt it since it doesn't have Internet

Ohhhhh, good point. Well, the jailbreak could just allow thing like video, or a version of Cyder that would allow to install cydia apps without wifi.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Mobile cydia without wifi? I wish. The only way that would work is if you put all the nano-compatible apps on at one time and then installed them. Which if you're going to put them all on there, you might as well just install every one and then everything's cluttered real quick. Maybe not once it first gets started though. Or perhaps some sort of way to choose what you want to go on there and load it up once your ipod is connected. Sorta like ipod wizard (iPW was sweet btw!)

Also, if there's no wifi, how will it have itunes?

I am new to this iOS stuff, do i upgrade to 4.1 when it is released or should i stay miserable with 4.0.2 until a jailbreak is out?

If you're stuck on 4.0.2 and can't downgrade to 4.0/4.0.1 then you might as well update to 4.1 whenever you want and enjoy. Eventually you will be able to jailbreak 4.1.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Wonder if apple will watermark our iPhones. Wonder if the court will stop them. Wonder if I give a f###.

If you're stuck on 4.0.2 and can't downgrade to 4.0/4.0.1 then you might as well update to 4.1 whenever you want and enjoy. Eventually you will be able to jailbreak 4.1.
    truth

A quick google search of ios 4.1 jailbreak looks promising so far

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

It looks like a I OS 4.1 jailbreak is confirmed, and its release is in sight!!! Now I can finally go out and buy a new Iphone.
    BootRom Exploit Confirmed – Jailbreak Works on iPod Touch iPad iPhone

Good news for all iDevices users. Now your devices [iPod touch 4 , iPhone 4 , iPad] can be jailbroken using the Bootrom exploit that we mentioned last day. A recent tweet from Muscle Nerd confirms that Dev Team Hacker pod2G has found a workaround to jailbreak iPhone 4 . It was tested to run successfully on iPod touch 4th generation which went out on sale two days ago.

Iphone 4 users can rest assured that the jailbreak is working and soon to be released . Keep an eye on this blog for updated news . We bring you 247 Only Jailbreak news . You may subscribe to our Jailbreak Email Alert , or join us on our Facebook Fanpage .
    23Share
    Article Source

I was very happy to see 4.1 jailbroken so fast. So does this mean all the ipod touch 2nd, and 3rd gen and the iphone 3g and 3gs dont get jailbroken on 4.1?

I bought an iphone 4 a couple days ago and otb it was on 4.0.2. I had no idea that this was unjailbreakable until I got home and started researching. So, I've got all this power and I can't wait to try it out on some new things. I'm suffering here...

Basically, are we there yet??

Well first, update to 4.1. 4.1 is already jailbroken, it just hasn't been made into a simple program for us yet. To answer your question, almost, lol.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to korin125 For This Useful Post:

Ackms421 (2010-09-11)

Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast