Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by murl View Post
    Sorry I'm don't think I'm understanding you correctly, is there a fix for the mms by restoring?

If I sync with itunes will I lose the jailbreak? Will iTunes backup my 3rd party apps?
    MMS fix is a Restore in iTunes. Restore to a time/backup before you jailbroke. As always, restoring with iTunes will undo jailbreak. iTunes does not backup 3rd party (cydia/rock) apps. you'll need to re JB and re-download those.

How should I go about restoring? I'm on 4.0, but have blobs for 4.0.1

Should I restore to 4.0.1?

Quote Originally Posted by akward silence View Post
    How should I go about restoring? I'm on 4.0, but have blobs for 4.0.1

Should I restore to 4.0.1?
    I'm in the middle of doing it now. We'll see in a few minutes. I'll post what happens.

Thanks. I'm just trying to fix mms

Quote Originally Posted by akward silence View Post
    Thanks. I'm just trying to fix mms
    When someone finds a fix for this let us know, I am running 4.0.1 by the way. Just to be clear my SMS is working fine I just cant send a pic MMS, the option isn't even there.

It seems that if you did a restore and did the jailbreak again you would be back at square one with the MMS problem, am I wrong?

planetbeing

FaceTime and MMS should now be fixed for new jailbreakme users. We're still working on something for people who already used it.

I've already updated mine to 4.0.1 and am waiting for all the crap to be reloaded. Soon as it's done I'll rebreak it and post what has happened.

Cool thanks for the update, I'll check back in the morning to see I there is a fix for those of us who have already used the jailbreak.

I suppose is worse case scenario you restore with itunes and rejailbreak. I have never had to do an itunes restore, it will reload your apps after the restore correct?

Cool thanks for the update, I'll check back in the morning to see I there is a fix for those of us who have already used the jailbreak.

I suppose is worse case scenario you restore with itunes and rejailbreak. I have never had to do an itunes restore, it will reload your apps after the restore correct?

as long as you have a restore point from before you JB'd it.

if not then you should wait for a fix

anyone else stuck in safe mode ?any ideas how to get out?

Gets quiet in here this time of day/night. 1:30 in the afternoon over here in Australia.

I saw someone say in here that the unlock is a few days away. I unlocked using Ultrasn0w and the repo666.ultrasn0w.com source in Cydia and it worked fine. How come people need to to wait for the other unlock? Am i missing something..?

is the jailbreakme server down, i keep getting the oops installer crashed error on my iphone 4 4.0.1

i got it to install, but restored after mms/facetime issues

So is there a way to pull off the Jailbreak/Unlock if you don't have an AT&T sim card in the US?
    It would seem to me you would be stuck at the "Activate Phone" screen without a supported sim card after upgrading to 4.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighter0205 View Post
    So is there a way to pull off the Jailbreak/Unlock if you don't have an AT&T sim card in the US?
    It would seem to me you would be stuck at the "Activate Phone" screen without a supported sim card after upgrading to 4.0.
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Activate Your iPhone 3G, 3GS, or 4 Without the Original SIM

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

I fixed my MMS with a patch/tweak from a repo I use

From PB for existing users MMS/FT fix.

You should now be able to fix FaceTime and MMS by updating Cydia and resetting your network settings. If not, restore and rejailbreak.
    But all I had to do was update my cydia and everything worked, without losing network settings.

yay im so excited ive been waiting for this, this will be my first jailbreak..i think i might wait till tomorrow to make sure everything is fixed

did a restore and updated to 4.0.1. Phone is slow now. MMS is still not there? No Facetime? And it's not jailbroken?

I did a full itunes update and now not only didI wipe the jailbreak (which I know is the case) but the stuff that it's supposed to restore - didn't restore. BS. This is what pisses me off about apple. If we could just drag/drop what stuff we want/don't want into phone files etc would be so much nicer.

Either way my phone is a pos now. It's a 32gb iPhone 4 btw. Was super fast. Now it super sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by mycrookedtoe View Post
    did a restore and updated to 4.0.1. Phone is slow now. MMS is still not there? No Facetime? And it's not jailbroken?

I did a full itunes update and now not only didI wipe the jailbreak (which I know is the case) but the stuff that it's supposed to restore - didn't restore. BS. This is what pisses me off about apple. If we could just drag/drop what stuff we want/don't want into phone files etc would be so much nicer.

Either way my phone is a pos now. It's a 32gb iPhone 4 btw. Was super fast. Now it super sucks.
    Ok. Restored to previous backup before the jailbreak and all the same. Speed is better. No MMS. No Facetime. All stock.

should have left it alone and waited for the fixes that I new would show up...
    Last edited by mycrookedtoe; 2010-08-02 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mycrookedtoe View Post

Ok. Restored to previous backup before the jailbreak and all the same. Speed is better. No MMS. No Facetime. All stock.

should have left it alone and waited for the fixes that I new would show up...
    Have you tried doing a full reset and content wipe on your 4G before restoring?

finally home and just did the jb, all seems fine on my ip4, cant test facetime yet. funny how impatient everyone was for the jb and now its done its like now what? gotta wait for apps and themes to catch up. I really miss ua faker for one.

any way thanks dev team and stealth for the heads up

Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast