Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Are we there yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Exposuredesigns View Post
    Has anyone been successful in performing this solution? (apart from the dev team and testers)

I cannot get it to work as yet. I would assume it is because the load on the server. Just wondering if anyone has done it yet.
    Yes. Although Cydia is being a little slow. When I got it to open it said I should upload my info (new iPhone 4) so I did.

I'll probably get my apps and stuff going later.

its causing my 3gs safari just to crash everytime i slide

Which link are you using? The jailbreakme.com one worked. The jailbreakme.modmyi.com one didn't.

any9one having prob with FaceTime, MMS and cut/copy/paste after jailbreak?

After you jailbreak do you have to put all of your apps/music/podcast back on the iphone? If so, is it just a matter of syncing with itunes? I wish us newbs had a tutorial.

Thanks

You'll know it works when you have cydia on your springboard. Just keep trying, the site is getting pounded right now. My friend had to try 7 or 8 before it went through.

Quote Originally Posted by murl View Post
    After you jailbreak do you have to put all of your apps/music/podcast back on the iphone? If so, is it just a matter of syncing with itunes? I wish us newbs had a tutorial.
    Nope, the only changes it will make to your phone are you'll be jailbroken and installing cydia. Everything you already had on the phone will still be there.
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 2010-08-02 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Is there a way I can unlock now that its jailbroken? Im on a 3GS with 4.0.

OK jailbreak complete. Do I just sync like normal from here on out, just don't update the firmware when apple comes out with more? Should MyWi work on my 3GS now?

That was so much easier than downgrading my S to 3.x.x JB'ing and then shift restoring to a pwned 4.0.

Thanks to everyone involved.

Only thing that sucks is every theme looks like crap due to the 4's higher resolution. Get crackin graphic designers!

Green Apple
    Thanks

anyone else having safe mode problems?

I don't seem to be having any problems that I know of now. I did download mixture and it wouldn't work.

Green Apple
    Thanks

also, can't modmyi source keeps giving me errors????

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Well I just jb mine, did it first time, only thing that alittle weird is there's not alot of sources in cydia

Mine is now working good. Installed Rock and then MiWi4. Also unlocked successfully with Ultrasn0w. Yeeehhaaaa. Now would be a good time to donate using the link.

I did notice one unusual thing, when I go to photos I don't have the option to MMS a pic to a friend, only email. Anyone else experiencing this, anyway to fix it?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

i cant exit out of safe mode. i tried rebooting and restarting and keeps going back to safe mode
    "There's A Party In My Tummy"

Quote Originally Posted by Exposuredesigns View Post
    Mine is now working good. Installed Rock and then MiWi4. Also unlocked successfully with Ultrasn0w. Yeeehhaaaa. Now would be a good time to donate using the link.
    I didn't need to unlock but on iPhone 4 but somehow my iphone stopped getting cellular data after MyWi 4. had to uninstall.

@murl

I also lost MMS in both messages app (no pic icon to tap) or MMS in photo to send. Doing a restore from backup as that's the tip to bring back MMS. I'll try JB again. @comex is looking into MMS issues. It also seems to break facetime. for some. not all.

Quote Originally Posted by trifster View Post
    I didn't need to unlock but on iPhone 4 but somehow my iphone stopped getting cellular data after MyWi 4. had to uninstall.

@murl

I also lost MMS in both messages app (no pic icon to tap) or MMS in photo to send. Doing a restore from backup as that's the tip to bring back MMS. I'll try JB again. @comex is looking into MMS issues. It also seems to break facetime. for some. not all.
    Sorry I'm don't think I'm understanding you correctly, is there a fix for the mms by restoring?

If I sync with itunes will I lose the jailbreak? Will iTunes backup my 3rd party apps?

Ohhhhh the good o'l days lollllllll

Thanks

Are we HERE yet? Yes!
    I broke out three hours ago. Cool!
    Now my iPhone 4 will kick-*** for years!
    Time to donate to the little people, and they know who they are, that made this great moment and day possible.
    Christmas came early this year on August 1st.
    Are we having fun yet?

Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast