Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Just a point in the right direction with 3GS new bootrom upgrade to ios 4 pls!

Default Just a point in the right direction with 3GS new bootrom upgrade to ios 4 pls!
    Hi!

I've just had my 3GS exchanged due to a speaker fault. It was on iOS4 and was unjailbroken. After spending weeks researching my options for that phone my head is now mush trying to look at my options for this newly exchanged one so I was hoping someone could just link me up lol.

I've now got a brand new 3GS with new bootrom on 3.1.3.

It's non-jailbroken, just literally new out of the box.

What can I do in terms of jailbreaking it, upgrading to iOS 4 and keeping the jailbreak? Unlock is not an issue for me as I use official carrier.

Thanks so much to whoever directs me the right direction, I just think that I'm going to confuse myself with previous phone info flying round in my head.

As of right now you can't jailbreak a phone with the new bootrom on anything more than firmware version 3.1.3

If you want, you can stay on 3.1.3 and spirit jailbreak the phone, it's easy as pie, press a button and it's done. http://spiritjb.com/

However, i'll re-iterate that this is as far as you can go. ios4 is not jailbreakable for new bootroms. So either remain on 3.1.3 jailbroken, or update to 4.0 legitimate. Those are your options.

IF you update to 4.0, make sure you get the umbrella program and save your SHSH blob for 3.1.3 in case you have any regrets. http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/

Then, if you do regret upgrading to a legitimate 4.0 over a JB'd 3.1.3, you can downgrade by following this tutorial. http://modmyi.com/forums/3g-s-downgr...-tutorial.html
    Last edited by bobdole3141; 2010-07-10 at 12:39 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bobdole3141 For This Useful Post:

kaepora (2010-07-10)

The new jailbreak from comex should be able to jailbreak every iPhone on 4.0, so it depends if you want to update to 4.0 and wait for the jailbreak or stay on 3.1.3 and wait for the jailbreak. Whatever you do, don't update to 4.1 when it's released, without checking this site first!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Owen Priestley For This Useful Post:

kaepora (2010-07-10)

Thanks so much guys!

I'd got my iOS 4.0 fix from the old phone so think I'll stick to 3.1.3 for now with a jailbreak ^_^

Not having SB settings drove me nuts lol.

I owe you both a drink sometime!

No problem! Glad you've got it sorted!

Owen

No worries - just don't let these false guides trick you, there's a few floating about that say you can JB the new bootrom on 4.0. I've tried them all up to today's date and they don't work.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bobdole3141 View Post
    IF you update to 4.0, make sure you get the umbrella program and save your SHSH blob for 3.1.3 in case you have any regrets. The Firmware Umbrella
    at this point the only shsh's you can save are 4.0, apple stopped signing 3.1.3 already so it's too late to save them