Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Spirit for iOS4 Release Day Announced

Default Spirit for iOS4 Release Day Announced
    I was looking at the comments on MuscleNerd's TwitPic of unlock progress and noticed a new page: Spirit -- the old one is spiritjb.com. Upon visiting the page, I was greeted with this:

According to this, Spirit will be released August 5. If you're not willing to wait, I will soon post a tutorial on how to jailbreak ALL new bootrom devices on iOS4 in the next few hours.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -spirit-release-date.jpg  
    question = (to) ? be : !be;

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nerddownthestreet For This Useful Post:

billinaz (2010-07-10), thetjshow (2010-07-13)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nerddownthestreet View Post
    I was looking at the comments on MuscleNerd's TwitPic of unlock progress and noticed a new page: Spirit -- the old one is spiritjb.com. Upon visiting the page, I was greeted with this:

[IMG]http://modmyi.com/forums/attachment.php?
    attachmentid=459666&stc=1&d=1278715141[/IMG]

According to this, Spirit will be released August 5. If you're not willing to wait, I will soon post a tutorial on how to jailbreak ALL new bootrom devices on iOS4 in the next few hours.

Please please release a method. I have a 3GS as a paper weight and using my old Sony w810. I rely on an unlock

Thanks

anyone that has been around for a while knows that the dev team never gives a release date, so it probably isn't real

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

Ummmmm I think you mean spiritjb.org you got that info from.... That's not the official spiritjb site is it?

Thanks

no its spiritjb.com

Thanks

if you do you will be the hero for many people

-This is supposedly a new site for a new jailbreak

-The method I will soon post will require you to be able to restore to 3.1.2 -- meaning on the 3g[s] you will need an SHSH -- I have an MC 8gb iPod and it works perfectly. Unlock will work on the 3g[s] and it is a tethered jailbreak

Can't wait for iPhone 4 jb.

Oh yea... since you can't restore to 3.1.2 on the iPhone 4, my jailbreak doesn't work on it.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Damn. I can't go to 3.1.2. I'm stuck on a stock 4.0

Thanks

-This is supposedly a new site for a new jailbreak

-The method I will soon post will require you to be able to restore to 3.1.2 -- meaning on the 3g[s] you will need an SHSH -- I have an MC 8gb iPod and it works perfectly. Unlock will work on the 3g[s] and it is a tethered jailbreak
    iH8sn0w has already released one that does that

It is the ih8sn0w one -- I'm going to try to simplify it

Thanks

gotcha

are a 12 yr old? Just curious.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,182 Times in 915 Posts

Could be a trick from someone. If they didn't own the other . domains for spiritjb then that could be easy. The Whois shows different information. So who knows.

Also note that release dates have been done before and never again. They caused to much trouble.
    Last edited by Cer0; 2010-07-10 at 08:00 AM.
    [CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

Looks a bit fishy to me. Notice how the official spiritjb.com has no ads whereas spiritjb.org is covered in them.

I doubt its the same people!

No, I am not 12 years old, nor am I younger or only a year or two older. Sorry I didn't post the tutorial last night -- encountered major problems. I will have it up by noon -- I promise.

No, I am not 12 years old, nor am I younger or only a year or two older. Sorry I didn't post the tutorial last night -- encountered major problems. I will have it up by noon -- I promise.
    What makes yours different from iH8Sn0w? Seems pointless to me because, (1) you don't say how it's better, (2) there's already something that does the same, and (3) it's not for those who don't have SHSHs saved. To date, all JB methods for 3GS require you to have SHSHs saved or require a JB phone.

I don't mean to say your post is crap, but I'm sure people like me are sick of reading "new bootrom/old bootrom iOS 4 JB released.......................................... .........but you have to have a JB phone or SHSHs saved."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast