Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SimCard Probs.. HELP!! iTunes

Default SimCard Probs.. HELP!! iTunes
    Please help me out on this... ive found many solutions in Google but afraid to try it since the page i visited is not the updated ones...

Well i just bought a new iPhone 3GS fro UK... it is sealed thus it is not been activated!

well it was sent internationally and when it arrived, i believe that it was not factory unlocked so when i sync to iTunes, it says "The sim card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported"

as far as i know.. it is baseband 05.12 and ver 3.1.3 cause i found this using tinyumbrella cause i want to save my SHSH blobs..

so yea.. im stuck at that part... what can i do to solve this? ive read on the sites recommending using blackra1n if its 3.1.2 ..

i planned to jB using spirit as that is the most recommended now... so my question is.. since the iTunes are stuck in that part.. can i just continue to click spirit to jailbreak it.. cause the only thing the phone can do know is emergency... need reply ASAP.. thanks!

Thanks

Spirit doesn't hacktivate, you will need a ATT sim. Or official sim from where the phone came from.

aww darn... the phone came from UK and its on 3 network... i dont have att simcard but im sure that my bro have a UK sim but i dont know what carrier hes in... can i just borrow the UK sim and activate it? if its not workng... is there any other way other than using official sims?

Thanks

You just need to borrow it to activate it.

i tried my bro O2 simcard and its still not working.. what am i suppose to do? well i see that the box does not come from AT&T.. will using AT&T simcard will help activate all iphones?

bump! ive read in the apple help that Uk iphones official activate is O2 ... however i tried O2 sim and it is not working...! still the problem persist... is it possible that a single carrier locked it to use the iphone just for their simcard? eventhough O2 is the offivial activate for the iPhone? please provide any explanations, help and suggestions.. so sad
    Last edited by d_animality; 2010-07-10 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i just found out that the phone is on 3 network... so my question is, do the PAYG 3 simcard will also activate the iphone? i email the company and sadly their reply is that they cannot provide any help due to im not rightful owner of the phone since i buy it from other people.. theyre really arent helping...please reply