Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3g to 3gs jailbreak?

Default 3g to 3gs jailbreak?
    I have a old 3g that is having problems. if i back up the phone to itunes and put cydia backup can i transfer info to a newer 3GS with 3.13, or 3.12 or 4.0 and make the new phone work with old phone info and setup? do i have to have blob saved on cydia? if i have 3g 3.12 blob saved on cydia will this help with 4.0? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by theboogers View Post
    I have a old 3g that is having problems. if i back up the phone to itunes and put cydia backup can i transfer info to a newer 3GS with 3.13, or 3.12 or 4.0 and make the new phone work with old phone info and setup? do i have to have blob saved on cydia? if i have 3g 3.12 blob saved on cydia will this help with 4.0? thanks
    Hi,

First, I strongly suggest you do not put cydia backup, since you may have something 3G only or firmware specific that can damage your 3Gs.

Try this:
    Connect the 3G to the computer, right-click on it under 'Devices' in iTunes, select 'Back Up'. When finished remove the 3G and connect the 3Gs, right-click and select 'Restore from backup', select your old 3G backup. I have never tried this, I cannot guarantee it will work, this is just what I'd try. I don't know if iTunes will restore from a backup of a different device.

doublenach