Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS Already 4.0 but previusly jailbroken.

Default iPhone 3GS Already 4.0 but previusly jailbroken.
    Hi, i just bought iPhone from this guy:
    Apple iPhone 3GS White (16GB) (AT&T) with iOS4 (aukcja 170506928532) - aukcje eBay.pl | Zakupy bez granic!

"The phone is unlockable/jailbreakable" - Becouse it was previusly jailbroken, but can i do this on already installed os 4.0?

Thanks

Only if the SHSH files were saved. Use TinyUmbrella: Save Your iOS 4 SHSH Regardless Of Whether Your iOS Device Is Jailbroken | FSMdotCOM to see if the files were saved. If they are you can downgrade, jailbreak, the install a custom 4.0 firmware.

So there is not even one way to JB if i don't have these SHSH files?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Piotr18PL View Post
    So there is not even one way to JB if i don't have these SHSH files?
    at this time there is not

It seems that i have SHSH files on Cydia on my computer now. I have to downgrade to 3.1.3 or maybe 3.1.2?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

If you have been able to retrieve them this means they are saved in Saurik's server. You would need to find out which BootRom you are on, go to settings>general about and quote digit's 345 or your Serial No.

Following this we should be able to guide you on how to jailbreak the device.

Hey hey hey, wait. I just said on the beginning, that i CAN'T activate the phone, so i wont be able to get to menu. I have only a picture with iTunes and cable.

I have old bootroom, i already checked that with the iDetector. What's next?

Hey hey hey, wait. I just said on the beginning, that i CAN'T activate the phone, so i wont be able to get to menu. I have only a picture with iTunes and cable.

I have old bootroom, i already checked that with the iDetector. What's next?

Download iPhone 3GS OS software 3.1.2 from here.

iClarified - iPhone - Where To Download iPhone Firmware Files From

You then need to modify itunes to point to Sauriks server via this guide
    (assuming you have a mac)

Bypassing the Overlord
    To this end, I have constructed a server that duplicates the functionality exposed by Apple's signature server, except using "on file" results rather than live requests.
    All we need, then, is to make iTunes use it. Luckily, most operating systems also have the ability to locally define bypasses on specific hostnames through a file called hosts. Using this, we can redirect requests to Apple's signature server to Cydia.
    So, open the file C:WindowsSystem32driversetchosts (Windows) or /etc/hosts (Mac OS X) and add the following entry to the bottom of the file.
    74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    Now, when iTunes thinks it is talking to Apple, it is talking to Cydia instead. Doing this will allow iTunes to access signatures already stored by Cydia's "on file" feature.
    This server will also act as a cache for any SHSH blobs it hasn't seen, acting as an intermediary to Apple's server. This effectively registers your device with the "on file" mechanism, which means you can now enjoy the protections of being able to downgrade your firmware in the future even if you aren't jailbroken.
    This point should be stressed: even if you don't jailbreak, and even if you never intend to jailbreak, you should consider using the new "on file" service.
    Let's say that Apple releases an OS upgrade in the future, you take it, and they break something important. Maybe they break your e-mail account, or your todo list. Your business is now crippled.
    If only you could downgrade, right? Alas, Apple won't let you anymore. That's where the new signature cache server comes in: by doing your restores through this server you secure your ability to not accept upgrades from Apple if the need is dire.
    After this preform a shift->restore via iTunes and select the 3.1.2 firmware.

At the end of the restore, iTunes will give you a error message, this is normal.

Next Download Red Snow 0.92 and Jailbreak and hacktiavate via Redsnow.
    redsn0w 0.9.2 [iPhone Dev Team]

Let us know if you get to a jailbroken 3.1.2 and will guide you how to get to 4.0 safely.

Bla bla bla always thé seem unlock 3.13,unlock4.0 relais i havé 2 iphone 3gs 32gb lock on thé enmercyscreen

i havé SHSH 3.13 but notings helps
    i havé trai snowbreezer nothing
    i havé trai Spirit do not work alsow redsnow,blackrain.

One iPhone is old bootroom
    thé outher new bootroom
    i trai to downgrade to 3.12 but iTune dont accept it
    i
    hem Sick of it always thé raed thé unlock for 3.13 and 4.0 is
    relais.
    Nothing to do !!!

Plaes can sommewone helps

thank you kinds regard from belgium

Ok, first i will try RYFLY's method, then Simtech, i will let you know if it works!

Edit:

After trying to downgrade to 3.1.2 i had a "Unknown error 3149" in iTunes.
    Last edited by Piotr18PL; 2010-07-14 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jadedar View Post
    Bla bla bla always thé seem unlock 3.13,unlock4.0 relais i havé 2 iphone 3gs 32gb lock on thé enmercyscreen

i havé SHSH 3.13 but notings helps
    i havé trai snowbreezer nothing
    i havé trai Spirit do not work alsow redsnow,blackrain.

One iPhone is old bootroom
    thé outher new bootroom
    i trai to downgrade to 3.12 but iTune dont accept it
    i
    hem Sick of it always thé raed thé unlock for 3.13 and 4.0 is
    relais.
    Nothing to do !!!

Plaes can sommewone helps

thank you kinds regard from belgium
    translation???

Ok, first i will try RYFLY's method, then Simtech, i will let you know if it works!

Edit:

After trying to downgrade to 3.1.2 i had a "Unknown error 3149" in iTunes.
    What Computer OS are you running and iTunes version?

3149 appears to be a error with Windows 7. Do you have a Win XP or Mac around?
    Last edited by Ryfly; 2010-07-14 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I have Win XP. iTunes ver. 9.2

Now i'm trying Sn0wbreze, will see what happen.

Edit:

At this moment, i'm on the last step of sn0wbreze method (preparing iPhone to restore window) and it takes 10 minutes at this point. I will have to wait so long?

Edit: 2
    Oh, i ended with 1604 error this time. What next?

Edit: 3
    i tried this method of fixing 1604 error: http://hubpages.com/hub/Fixing-1604-...-Restore-Error

Will see if it works

Edit: 4
    I'm pissed, that method dosen't work, i changed phone to DFU mode, and tried to restore, and then, i have 1601 error _._

Any other solutions? I'm still having 1604 errors.

EDIT 5:

FINALLY! I downgraded my iPhone 3GS to 3.1.3!! What now? Which of the tools can i use to JB?
    Last edited by Piotr18PL; 2010-07-14 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

spirit is the only jailbreak for a 3gs on 3.1.3

And Sn0wbreeze which seems to doesn't work for me ; /

Thanks

And Sn0wbreeze which seems to doesn't work for me ; /
    to use sn0wbreeze/pwnagetool you have to already be jailbroken with either redsn0w or blackra1n (since those only work on 3.1.2 or lower spirit is the only tool that will jailbreak a 3GS already on 3.1.3 unjailbroken)

This is what confusing.. Why need to jailbreak with Sn0wbreeze when you are already jailbreak? Once you have a jailbreak iphone on 3.1.3 and for example updated to ios4.0, don't itunes just erase all previous jailbreak data? Or does the previous jailbreak for 3.1.3 just goes disable until you use sn0wbreeze to jailbreak it again?

So, if i don't have jailbroken device (not activated, no sim) and 3GS with 3.1.3 this is imposible for me at the moment to jailbreak right? Great -.-

Someone from USA, send me AT&T card, won't you? : (