Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: SHSH blobs in Cydia

Default SHSH blobs in Cydia
    Well i just jailbreak my phone ver 3.1.3 using spirit before saving the SHSH due to noobness ... well after that i managed to save the SHSH using tinyumbrella and when i opened Cydia i found out it says "This device has SHSHs on file for iphone OS: 4.0"

What is that supposed to mean? can i still downgrade to 3.1.3 in the future?

Is the Spirit Jailbreak the safest and most recommended jailbreak tool now? please help cause my friend asked me to JB his phone and i dont know which tools to use.. Thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Yep. SHSH files stored anywhere will work. There are several threads describing how to set-up your computer to pull these from your system during a restore. Google is your friend.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by d_animality View Post

What is that supposed to mean? can i still downgrade to 3.1.3 in the future?
    if you just saved the shsh's then no you will not be able to restore to 3.1.3, apple stopped signing it when 4.0 when live, if all cydia says is 4.0 then that is all you will be able to restore to

Quote Originally Posted by d_animality View Post

Is the Spirit Jailbreak the safest and most recommended jailbreak tool now? please help cause my friend asked me to JB his phone and i dont know which tools to use.. Thanks!
    if he has a 3GS and is on 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 then yes spirit is the way to go
    Last edited by j3st3r; 2010-07-08 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost