Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking iOS4 (All the sites say different things!)

Default Jailbreaking iOS4 (All the sites say different things!)
    Recently got a new iPhone 3GS (old one broke so got it replaced).

Its on Firmware 3.1.3
    Baseband is 05.12.01
    Model MC133
    Bootloader 6.4

I want to jailbreak it on iOS4, and do not care about unlocking it.

Please can someone clear this up for me as I am very confused. Can I jailbreak iOS4 on this iPhone? If not is the best move just to upgrade to iOS4 and wait for a jailbreak?

Thanks and sorry you have heard questions like these so many times before.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Firstly you need to establish which BootRom your on (NOT Bootloader), to do this, download iDetector from iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones and run it.

Either way JB 3.1.3 with Spirit, if iDetector says your on old bootrom, come back here and we'll talk about how to get to JB iOS4. DO NOT upgrade to stock iOS4.

Hey thanks for the quick and helpful reply. I did as you said -now running a jailbroken version of 3.1.3. I also ran iDetector. It says I have a new bootrom. Assuming this means I can't jailbreak iOS4 then? What is my best route of action? To wait until a new jb method is released? Thanks.

well the good news part for you is that you were able to jailbreak 3.1.3.... I'd take that over stock 4.0 any day..... At this point, you get to join the masses and wait..... and wait.... and wait.... for a 4.0 jailbreak..... I'm stuck with stock 4.0 bot old bootroom...... but still stuck....