Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbroken 3g to the new iPhone4

Red face Jailbroken 3g to the new iPhone4
    So, I buckled and purchased the new iPhone4. I previously had a jailbroken 3G. So, do I just activate the new iPhone and then restore from a backup of my jailbroken 3G? Will that put back everything and just exclude Cydia and Rock and the apps I installed from them? I guess I am just wondering if it will know to ignore those or if they will cause a problem? Didn't know if I needed to prepare by backing up those apps and then removing them from the 3G before restoring the new phone from the 3g backup. Ugh - does that make sense? I am confusing myself! Please advise.....

Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Thanks

yes it you just activate and sync your SHINY NEW iPHONE 4 with the 3G backup everything will be back in place along with any synced contacts and settings although mail passwords reset so you'll need to go through your accounts and retype your passwords. itunes ignore cydia and all those other apps so you won't have to worry about mess ups.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.