Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS OS 4.0 with latest firmware 5.13 -- Can i jailbreak?

Default 3GS OS 4.0 with latest firmware 5.13 -- Can i jailbreak?
    Ok.. I was on 3.1.3 jailbroken with spirit before, then I told my bro to sell my iphone while I go on vacation..

so.. I come back from vacation a week later and im like did you sell my phone and hes like "no but I upgraded it to os 4.0"

me: ARE YOU ******* SERIOUS?
    him: yes

So im on os 4.0 non jailbroken..Is there any jailbreak out?

You could downgrade it and then jailbreak it?

Other than that, not at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by AlecMag View Post
    You could downgrade it and then jailbreak it?

Other than that, not at the moment.
    but to my knowledge (albiet limited), unless you've thought in advance to backup your SHSH blob, you can't downgrade either.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mj0470 For This Useful Post:

AlecMag (2010-07-09)

Quote Originally Posted by mj0470 View Post
    but to my knowledge (albiet limited), unless you've thought in advance to backup your SHSH blob, you can't downgrade either.
    Haha yeah it's an annoying cycle if you're on ios4 (new bootrom) and you want to jailbreak. You can't jailbreak unless you downgrade; you can't downgrade unless you jailbreak.

However there's a program called Tinyumbrella that I believe works for story SHSH blobs through your computer.

Yeah.... but only your current ones..... I'm so ready to break out of this mess and have my phone JB'd again...... I was forced into 3.1.3 when an update locked up....... that was 4 months ago.... I went to the beta 4.0 the day before I heard about the spirit JB..... and have been kicking myself ever since....

Yeah.... but only your current ones..... I'm so ready to break out of this mess and have my phone JB'd again...... I was forced into 3.1.3 when an update locked up....... that was 4 months ago.... I went to the beta 4.0 the day before I heard about the spirit JB..... and have been kicking myself ever since....
    Oh I see. I'm new to this

Yeah it's a crappy cycle

Thanks

I know it's a little late now but why didn't you just restore back to 3.1.3 from the beta 4.0, apple was still signing 3.1.3 so no need for shsh's? you could have then used spirit to jailbreak