Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Messageing...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default Messageing...
    After jailbreaking my 3Gs with old bootrom to 4.0, I decided to install some 3rd party apps. Now being a bit excited and naive for accomplishing the jailbreak, I didn't notice something until now. I loaded an older version of Bite SMS and probably a couple more messaging alternatives. Well, they didn't go so well as I love realSMS and the new one isn't out yet. Either way, I uninstalled the none IOS 4 compatible versions. Now, low and behold. I never really noticed, but now I do not have the option to send messages with attachments. Ain't that a *****! Oh well, i'm not in dier need for it's usage, but maybe it's something that you guys might look into in a sense of reenabling this feature, and a slap on the hands for over zealous idiots like me who couldn't have patience to wait for coders to get their stuff compliant. That IS the only thing I noticed though. Thanks,

KJ

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Have they released the jailbreak in the app store yet?

Thanks

But see, that's the thing... when I jailbroke it with 4 it was fine. I was sending naked pics...err, ummm, nay just playin... but i was able (through native MMS w/pics) to still use that feature. I just noticed that it is gone now. I know it must have been when I loaded up a non iOS 4 compliant messaging software, froze then crashed when launching, that caused it to be removed somehow. I'm just starting to learn 'apple' style programming so I really can't give any sort of substantive effort in troubleshooting.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Oh I see, it didn't say so I figured you weren't able to before. The easiest solution is to restore and rejailbreak probably.

I'm by no means an expert, but back before I got stuck without a jailbreak, and before AT&T allowed MMS, there were some carrier bundle files that would "make" the texting app have the ability to take pics and attach them..... If you restore, won't you be stuck with a stock iOS4 at that point, which isn't jailbreakable.....

Oh.... and btw.... I just checked the bitesms web site.... As of today, there are a bunch of iOS4 fixes....
    Last edited by mj0470; 2010-07-08 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

If your phone was jailbroken on 3.1.2 and you saved your shsh blobs you can.

How to Jailbreak iPhone 3GS to 4.0 with Sn0wbreeze | Windows

Thanks

I broke down and just re-JB my damn phone. I'm testing right now what caused or could have caused this. I've gone one by one of the many addons and apps i've installed and nothing so far. What I didn't recreate was downloading, installing, and using a 3rd party MMS app launching it and having it fail. i've gone through 3 restores tonight... i'm done. So i'm just finishing up redoing my JB and adding all of my **** back on, but this time not adding non compliant ios4 apps. And just FYI, i've been on IOS 4 through snowbreeze since it's release. But thanks for the thoughts on this.

KJ