Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3GS currently at 3.0.1 4.26.08, what do I do to get to iOS 4?

Default 3GS currently at 3.0.1 4.26.08, what do I do to get to iOS 4?
    I currently have an unlocked and jailbroken 3GS on T-Mobile, I want to upgrade to iOS4 but everything I read talks about doing it from 3.1.2 and a baseband of 5.11.07, I am currently on 3.0.1 and a baseband of 4.26.08, what exactly do I need to do to upgrade to iOS4 from my point, do I first need to upgrade to 3.1.2 or can I directly go to iOS 4? Do I need to upgrade my baseband? How would I even go about doing that? I need my phone jailbroken and unlocked since I currently use T-Mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by KDR View Post
    I currently have an unlocked and jailbroken 3GS on T-Mobile, I want to upgrade to iOS4 but everything I read talks about doing it from 3.1.2 and a baseband of 5.11.07, I am currently on 3.0.1 and a baseband of 4.26.08, what exactly do I need to do to upgrade to iOS4 from my point, do I first need to upgrade to 3.1.2 or can I directly go to iOS 4? Do I need to upgrade my baseband? How would I even go about doing that? I need my phone jailbroken and unlocked since I currently use T-Mobile.
    I'm also wondering this same question, however I do not need an unlock.
    I downloaded f0recast from here iH8sn0w.com | Jailbreak your iPod touches and iPhones my
    baseband is also 4.26.08
    bootloader 6.4
    model mc138
    I think with that baseband sn0wbreeze will work for us both, can someone confirm this? I think because I have a 3.1.2 SHSH on file with cydia it will work. not sure, would like a second opinion before going through

Thanks

Use sn0wbreeze or pwnage tool to create a custom 4.0 firmware and restore to that.

Then apply the unlock from ultrasnow in cydia.
    Last edited by jkmonkey; 2010-07-07 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

so no need to put on 3.1.2? I can go directly to 4?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KDR View Post
    so no need to put on 3.1.2? I can go directly to 4?
    Yep

one last thing, i need the newest version of itunes, correct?

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes. To sync afterwards. I had to put my phone in Restore Mode...1 turn the phone completely off. 2 Hold the Home button on your phone while plugging it into your computer(with iTunes open). 3 Hold the Home button until iTunes tells you it is in recovery mode. 4 Shift/Restore to your custom firmware.

So i dont need it for the original update though? I just tried going from 3.0.1 to 4.0 and got an error of 1, now im going to 3.1.2 because it wont even let me turn on my phone

I Pray you backup your SHSH Blobs first using umbrella.

iPhone? More like MyPhone TT KH's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by antman1 View Post
    I Pray you backup your SHSH Blobs first using umbrella.
    I'm on a 3.0.1 firmware 04 26 08 and was thinking about going up to 4.0, but what do you mean SHSH blobs, i'm currently on tmobile as well, so is it safe to unlock and jailbreak for a 3gs 3.0.1, and which version itune do i need anyway?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by TT KH; 2010-07-27 at 06:39 AM.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

If your on 3.0.1 JB it first then upgrade to cooked 4.0. However without your SHSH if it goes wrong you'll have to install stock 4.0.1 and wait it out for a JB.

iPhone? More like MyPhone TT KH's Avatar
    Thanks

So at this point I can't SHSH,Can someone kindly upload a custom 4.0, my 3gs is currently jb and unlock for tmobile