Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Forcing 2G 4.0 Touch firmware on 1G iPod Touch?

Default Forcing 2G 4.0 Touch firmware on 1G iPod Touch?
    As you'll know, apple has basically decided to forget about the 1st Gen iPod Touch with iOS 4.0.

I read somewhere that there's no difference between the processor, memory and graphics of the Touch 1G and 2G?

If that's correct, would it be possible to push the 2nd Gen 4.0 firmware onto the 1st Gen somehow?

Although the firmware would be meant for 2G, wouldn't the firmware adapt to the setup of the 1st Gen device? ie: 2G firmware sees that 1G has no bluetooth hardware, so bluetooth is left out, etc..

Obviously iTunes is going to try and stop you from restoring your device with the 'wrong' firmware. But no doubt there's a workaround for that.

As long as, in theory, the firmware could work on the 1st Gen? I know iOS 4.0 on a 1st Gen device would suck battery and probably be quite laggy, but i'd like to know whether this can de done?

Anybody? Please?
    Last edited by Darlo770; 2010-07-07 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone sgt.pepper's Avatar
    Thanks

uhmmm. no. but there is one project i saw around here called whited00r for iphone 2gs and ipod touch 1gs.

clickity click click!

it enables multitasking, home screen wallpaper. you can see all the features by clicking on the features tab. please donate to them, their low on $! and follow the easy step by step guide on guides. its easy, and free! you will need a bunch of downloads, all the links are linkd in the guide!

please keep in mind this is risky, and their all in beta. i think.

hit thanks!

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED!

13 recovery mode restores
    7 dfu mode restores
    2 custom firmware restores

I've seen Whited00r. Although Whited00r has nothing to do with iOS 4.0. It's 3.1.3 with added third-party apps to emulate iOS multitasking and folders. What's more my iPod Touch looks and functions more like iOS 4.0 than Whited00r's firmware anyway. With the help of themed Circuitous, Backgrounder and Winterboard.

iPhone? More like MyPhone sgt.pepper's Avatar
    Thanks

this is true. but i dont think you can force ios 4 on there and stuff. i would just put my money on whited00r if i was in ur situation. i dont like all the backgrounders cydia has just because of all the mbobile substrate. i dont even need multitasking, but hey, this is all my opinion

HIT THANKS IF I HELPED!

13 recovery mode restores
    7 dfu mode restores
    2 custom firmware restores