Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Could you answer me a simple question?

Unhappy Could you answer me a simple question?
    I recently got a replacement phone from Apple. Before this one, I had a 3G[S] fully jailbroken and unlocked. It's baseband got damaged for some reason, and Apple replaced the phone.

My situation now is, I have a refurbished version iPhone 3G[S] with the following information on it :

Firmware : 3.1.3
    Baseband : 05.12.01
    Bootloader : 6.4
    Model : MB715

I had SHSH of my old iPhone, the one that got damaged, but this one doesn't have any SHSH stored in Cydia and that is pretty logical too...

This is a refurbished phone. Maybe that could help you give me an answer?

My question is...can I jailbreak and unlock this phone so I can use it in my non-supported country?

Thank you

Yes, BUT your only option at this time is the spirit JB, which requires official activation.. meaning you'll need an official sim card to activate the phone, then you can jailbreak and unlock it...
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

DonJota (2010-07-07)

Okay...I just performed the jailbreak...what should I use to unlock now?
    Last edited by DonJota; 2010-07-07 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ultrasn0w (download it in cydia)
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

DonJota (2010-07-07)

Thank you! I just unlocked it! it works perfectly! One more question though my friend...can I update to any other firmware and unlock some kind of how again? or this is the best I can do just now?

At this exact moment, this is the best you can do

the ios4 spirit j/b will be out within a week or so, once thats out you can use it to upgrade to ios4 j/b, and use ultrasn0w again to unlock

9. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

DonJota (2010-07-07)

Okay! Thank you very much dude...I owe you so much!

hahaha no problem man, enjoy!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

You could install Spirit2Pwn from the iWooWiz repo and then restore a custom iOS4 FW to it, if it's on old boot (be sure to check that first - there are many threads that will tell you how to do that). But I would not recommend this as you don't have 3.1.3 SHSH to enable you to go back to it if something goes wrong, since you rely on it.